Get dental work done in Cambodia

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Get dental work done in Cambodia

Post by explorer »

Anyone needing anything done to your teeth, I suggest you get it done in Cambodia.

I recently had four fillings. Two of them included removing and replacing old broken down fillings which I had a few decades ago.

The cost was US$15 each.

To get the four done in Australia would cost more than double the airfare to and from Cambodia.

I have had good experiences with dentists in Cambodia, but I cant speak for every dentist in Cambodia.

I had one filling last year, and four this year. I had them all done without anesthetic. Four of the five hurt less than the pain of the anesthetic needle. This includes two deep fillings after removing the old fillings. In Cambodia you have the choice of having it done with or without anesthetic. The dentist should be able to tell you which ones are likely to hurt more. With the one that hurt more, I could have had anesthetic part way through.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
JaceMon
Expatriate
Dominica

Re: Get dental work done in Cambodia

Post by JaceMon »

explorer wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:24 am Anyone needing anything done to your teeth, I suggest you get it done in Cambodia.

I recently had four fillings. Two of them included removing and replacing old broken down fillings which I had a few decades ago.

The cost was US$15 each.

To get the four done in Australia would cost more than double the airfare to and from Cambodia.

I have had good experiences with dentists in Cambodia, but I cant speak for every dentist in Cambodia.

I had one filling last year, and four this year. I had them all done without anesthetic. Four of the five hurt less than the pain of the anesthetic needle. This includes two deep fillings after removing the old fillings. In Cambodia you have the choice of having it done with or without anesthetic. The dentist should be able to tell you which ones are likely to hurt more. With the one that hurt more, I could have had anesthetic part way through.
Given your statement (in bold), and the fact that you were happy with the dentist you went to, how about letting readers know which one you went to?
Ricky Dunn
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Ricky Dunn »

I just had a cap done at Roomchang Dental by Dr. Kyhak, $250, 5 stars.
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

I went to Angkor Dent Dental Clinic
Dr Kork Vanndy
phone 081800024

If you go to the southern end of Samaky market, and walk east (towards the river) maybe 20 meters, it is there.

The street is Rue Pasteur. Maybe 20 meters east of street Preah Bat Ang Duong.

The dentist is a lady, and she speaks English.
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

I went to Angkor Dent Dental Clinic
in Kampong Cham

Dr Kork Vanndy
phone 081800024

If you go to the southern end of Samaky market, and walk east (towards the river) maybe 20 meters, it is there.

The street is Rue Pasteur. Maybe 20 meters east of street Preah Bat Ang Duong.

The dentist is a lady, and she speaks English.
logos
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by logos »

I went to my usual check up dentist yesterday to replace a cracked filling. $10, perfect job, 15 min. Labelle clinic on 110.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

one of the things i promised myself id get done when i got back is get my teeth sorted
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

I had massive work done at Pachem Dental and a few years on I’m still happy.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Hotdigr
Expatriate

Post by Hotdigr »

I will second RoomChang dental clinic. Just had a root canal and 3 fillings done. Excellent work. Then a mate went up and had an impacted wisdom tooth surgically removed. Again, excellent work. Dr. Maneth on the 7th floor btw
Their equipment, surgeries and every thing else are actually better, cleaner and more up to date, then anything I ever saw in Australia. 5 dental clinics spread over 9 floors and everyone top notch from what I have heard.
Yep, the root canal cost me $250 and the fillings $45 each. Thats about 1/8th of the price I would have paid in Oz but!
I might try to save money in some area's, but would prefer to pay more for health issues to make sure they are dealt with properly.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Because of my bad experience with dentists when I was a kid I haven't been to a dentist for years and years, but I have promised myself to get some gold fillings before I die. Right now I always cross the road rather than walk past a dentistry but I guess one day I will get sooo drunk and the girl holding my hand will calm my nerves soo much , I will undergo hell on earth for her love.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic