Don't argue with authoritarianism - you're wrong

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
britscienceteacher
Expatriate
Great Britain

Don't argue with authoritarianism - you're wrong

Post by britscienceteacher »

Don't argue with police officers, you're likely to get booked for something.

Don't question managers, managers are there to manage, and if you don't understand the way things work that's your fault and you're wrong.

Don't let everybody else know how things work or you'll be in trouble.

The hierarchy works precisely because the backbone of managers do as they're told, so that many people don't know how it works, these people make mistakes, and are wrong because nobody was allowed to tell them, and end up paying for it, sometimes for the rest of their lives.

And most of all don't blow the whistle on top VIPs (where the orders come down from). They are part of big clubs, protected by networks of 'Big Police' (security and intelligence services). If you do, you'll find yourself being managed alegally. That means that your public image will be constantly attacked along with anything you say. You may be arrested without charge and alegally imprisoned or alegally gagged. It's alegal because the orders do not need to follow the law. All that is needed is a few top VIPs in a club to step up and say that "it is legal", and the following legal case takes years as club members sideline the real law or just openly contradict it. This is of course authoritarianism.
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Re: Don't argue with authoritarianism - you're wrong

Post by fax »

Did you want to discuss something or just talk shit and educate us?
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

BST this is to wipe your mouth after dribbling shit.............. =@
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

Time for the long blue arm of the "managerial" mod squad to strike out with the ban hammer.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

fax wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:45 am Did you want to discuss something or just talk shit and educate us?
To quote Benjamin Disraeli, he is just, "Inebriated with the exuberance of his own verbosity, ....................." :lol:
britscienceteacher
Expatriate
Great Britain

Standards for free speech are higher than you think

taabarang wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:54 am Time for the long blue arm of the "managerial" mod squad to strike out with the ban hammer.
Are you talking about the moderators on this site? I don't see why anybody would have a problem with a dumb person posting directly in the Silly Area (Asinine Arena) of this site (what I've just done - this post wasn't moved). It has been suggested that I might go somewhere else to post, but I don't think that I've found a better place and did enjoy being in Cambodia greatly (and might be back at some point). It's a well run site, and even people like me can express how they see things. That's not something that happens on all sites, in all parts of the world.

I won't rise to your bait, so please stop :stir:
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

OP- you just gave a very good description of how one should behave in the PRC..

Are you sure you are not a chin infiltrator..ready to report us?
britscienceteacher
Expatriate
Great Britain

Accused again: what is trolling?

clutchcargo wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:48 pm OP- you just gave a very good description of how one should behave in the PRC..

Are you sure you are not a chin infiltrator..ready to report us?
You don't like what I'm saying, so automatically I must be foreign - from a state which your country (and mine) doesn't ostensibly have good relations with - at least not on a media level - something which the Khashoggi Affair illustrates is different from other diplomatic landscapes... and I must be a troll.

I don't think my activities constitute trolling (otherwise many famous teachers and communicators would be classed as trolls simply from the way that they communicate). I must admit I'd like to get a definition on what trolling actually is.

I think trolling can be both conspiritorial and allegal, but I don't think that it always is. Here's an interesting case. Is Anonymous trolling here (it does look like stuff the 'Big Police' do):
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

what does alegal mean? Is it supposed to be English? I notice you use it repeatedly.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

frank lee bent wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:39 am what does alegal mean? Is it supposed to be English? I notice you use it repeatedly.
Yeah, it looks like a made-up word, but here you go :
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Alegal
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic