American Has Moto Accident, Pays $80 & Acts Erratic When He Finds Out Girl is Injured

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Rogue
Expatriate
Honduras

Re: American Has Moto Accident, Pays $80 & Acts Erratic When He Finds Out Girl is Injured

Post by Rogue »

As an American, you have the right to remain silent. I wish he had the ability.
khmerhamster
Expatriate
Turkmenistan

Re: American Has Moto Accident, Pays $80 & Acts Erratic When He Finds Out Girl is Injured

Post by khmerhamster »

Rogue wrote:As an American, you have the right to remain silent. I wish he had the ability.
That’s right, because American laws and legal protections apply in all countries.
Just show them your passport and you’ll be grand.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

khmerhamster wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:31 am
Rogue wrote:As an American, you have the right to remain silent. I wish he had the ability.
That’s right, because American laws and legal protections apply in all countries.
Just show them your passport and you’ll be grand.
Umm, I think that was a joke. :mrgreen:
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

There's something NJH-ish about that guy.
Gardiguy
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Gardiguy »

Not a lot of Cambodians taking the woman's side on fb. Translation taken from a popular khmer fb group.

"យើង​បាន​ទទួល​សារ​ជាច្រើន​ពី​ប្រិយមិត្ត​ ដោយ​ពួកគាត់​ចង់​ស្គាល់​អត្តសញ្ញាណ​របស់​បារាំង​ម្នាក់​ដែល​ជួប​គ្រោះ​ថ្នាក់​ចរាចរណ៍​ល្ងាច​ម៉ិញ​។ អាច​និយាយ​ថា​ យើង​មាន​ប្រភព​ទាក់ទង​គាត់​បាន​ហើយ​ តែដោយ​គោរព​លើ​គោលការណ៍​ឯកជនភាព​របស់​គាត់​ យើង​មិនអាច​បង្ហោះ​ឬ​បង្ហើប​ព័ត៌មាន​អ្វី​ពី​គាត់​ច្រើន​ឡើយ​។ ជនបរទេស​មិនសូវ​ចេះ​សរសេរ​បូរបាច់​ drama តាម​ online ដូច​យើង​ទេ។ ហើយ​បងប្អូន​យើង​មួយចំនួន​ចង់​បរិច្ចាគ​ថវិកា​ផ្ទាល់​ខ្លួន​សង​ទៅ​គាត់​វិញ​ ប៉ុន្តែ​ជា​គំនិត​របស់​ admin ,​ លុយកាក់​មិន​សំខាន់​ទេ​ សំខាន់​គឺ​ផ្លូវចិត្ត​និង​អារម្មណ៍​របស់​គាត់​ចំពោះ​ជនជាតិ​យើង​ ប្រទេស​យើង​។ យើង​អាច​ប៉ាន់ស្មាន​ថា​ គាត់​កំពុង​មាន​អារម្មណ៍​ភ័យខ្លាច​ ត្បិត​ទាំង​យើង​ទាំង​គេ​ក្បាល​១តែឯង​នៅ​បរទេស​ ពេល​ជួប​ហេតុការណ៍​បែបនេះ​ អ្នក​ណា​មិន​ភ័យ​? សង្ឃឹម​ថា​ គាត់​នៅតែ​មាន​ទស្សនៈ​វិជ្ជមាន​ចំពោះ​ "ខ្មែរ​"!
We have received a lot of messages from friends by they want to know the french identity that meet a lot of traffic class. Can say that we have a source to contact him, but by respect on his privacy policy, we can't post or cause the news, what's from him, No. The Forest doesn't know how to write a lot of drama on online like us. and sigh. We don't want to donate directly to him, but as a mind of admin, money is not important, important is the mind and the feelings of him to our nation, we are. We can estimate that he is feeling scared of all of us, they are the head of 1 alone at abroad when meet why you are not afraid? Hope that he still have a visit: positive to "Khmer"!"
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

​បារាំង

the 'french' identity, should read the 'barang' . . .
Gardiguy
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Gardiguy »

Username Taken wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:24 pm ​បារាំង

Ya, I just did a lazy copy paste from gt.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Gardiguy wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:39 pm
Username Taken wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:24 pm ​បារាំង

Ya, I just did a lazy copy paste from gt.
Yeah, I know that, but someone will come along and question whether the guy is French or American.

:beer3:
MikeMike58
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by MikeMike58 »

I'm thinking Canadian or Nigerian. Nigerian prince most likely.
paulus5
Tourist
Cambodia

Post by paulus5 »

it was not the fault of the barang. The girl drove on the wrong side. The mother of the child was call "bad ass" by many Khmer. Because her child only had a bump on her head and she wanted more cash. She was screaming all the time: what am I supposed to do with $ 80. He should not have given her money and should have called the police.
Last edited by paulus5 on Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic