Where to Eat Around Riverside ?

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Where to Eat Around Riverside ?

Post by Anchor Moy »

Any ideas for a place to eat in the area around riverside from St 172 to 130 or closeby?
Searching for inspiration. Price range $5-10. Any sort of food as long as its good.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: Where to Eat Around Riverside ?

Post by General Mackevili »

Lone Star is in the area, but not ON Riverside. Walk down 172 and something will catch your eye.

Larry's is right off Riverside. Can't go wrong there either.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

PepperTree .... $5 & 6 dishes. Basic curry 4.50 and 75c Cambodia draft.
Around Kandal market . So between 144 and the big junction at Wat Ounalom(sp?)
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

General Mackevili wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:11 pm Lone Star is in the area, but not ON Riverside. Walk down 172 and something will catch your eye.

Larry's is right off Riverside. Can't go wrong there either.
Yeah thanks, doesn't have to be ON riverside, but I was trying to venture away from 172 which is usually the default solution for when I dont have any better ideas.
Might try the Pepper Tree then and I'll report back. Cheers IH.
Hotdigr
Expatriate

Post by Hotdigr »

Depends if you want western or asian, but Chiang Mai always used to be good and its up that way. Haven't eaten there in years, but drove past it last week and noticed its still there and open.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Hotdigr wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:05 pm Depends if you want western or asian, but Chiang Mai always used to be good and its up that way. Haven't eaten there in years, but drove past it last week and noticed its still there and open.
I used to go there are a fair bit and to their other ( now long-gone) branch near the Vietnamese Friendship Monument. I didn't realize the riverside one was still there, must check it out again.
As for the restaurants around the riverside, I'm nearby there a lot now but a bit clueless about where to go sometimes and I don't often go out in the evenings in that neighborhood.
The Rising Sun by the FCC has always been reliable, the happy pizza places do ok normal pizzas and sometimes salads but not much else good. I don't know what the Riverside Bistro is like now, I haven't been since it changed hands. Places like Metro or K West are always reliable but a bit pricey. I'd like to know if any of the current riverside Indians are any good, I eat a lot of Indian but usually in BKK. There's a new place called "Masala Dosa " on Sothearous near the corner of 178 that I want to check out, it looks very reasonably priced. Nearby there on 172 near 13 is Sara Ethiopian Restaurant, anytime I've gone there I've liked it a lot. Hummus down the other end of the riverside has tasty Lebanese food. I'd be interested in hearing other people's recommendations.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

8,000 posts and you need advice on where to find somewhere to eat near the riverside?
logos
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by logos »

Just had an excellent medium rare tournedos with green pepper cream, generous portion, at "on the corner" between 118 and 130. French place, been around for ages, superb value. Can't be beat for $8,5 and wine by the glass from $3.

Otherwise I can recommend a Belgian place "chez tonton", excellent food, slightly higher prices (8-12 per entrée) but top quality. They're next door to Phnom Penh India, for me the best Indian on Riverside.
bobsboots
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by bobsboots »

Cam Nivag wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:26 pm 8,000 posts and you need advice on where to find somewhere to eat near the riverside?

4427 posts, not 8,000. Big difference.
Although we have never met, I just want to say on John's behalf that there is always something to be learned from living in this part of the world. Been out here 21 years myself and I still have questions.
Just sayin'....
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

logos wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:04 am They're next door to Phnom Penh India, for me the best Indian on Riverside.
My goto place for the best curry in PP. i have recommended them to many people and never heard of a bad report.

About 5 or 6 years ago we were eating there once or twice a week lol.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic