Sinead O'Connor Converts to Islam

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Sidewalker
Expatriate
Netherlands

Re: Sinead O'Connor Converts to Islam

Post by Sidewalker »

Some posters are pretty arrogant an narrow minded. :beer3:
There are people who cannot imagine that there are other ways of life than their own life. :facepalm:
Cinnamoncat
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Cinnamoncat »

If you had a camera in your face and plenty of publicity, who knows what we could watch you doing?

You must still be mad at her. Don't let her push your buttons!
"Love and Loss in Cambodia: a memoir" available on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/0578537788
Cinnamoncat
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Cinnamoncat »

prahocalypse now wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:39 am
Cinnamoncat wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:19 am Who cares what she does with her spiritual life?
She obviously thinks people do because she announced it to the world on Twitter.

You obviously do!

I really don't, but I have picked up a People magazine from time to time. Usually only in a doctor's office.

General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

IraHayes wrote:
prahocalypse now wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:04 am She'd look even better in a niqab.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/7 ... m-muslims/
Interesting choice of picture in the background.
The last lines says "You can never take my voice"

I wonder if she knows her "voice" is now worth only half that of a man's.
Well, we should all be able to agree there's a bit of irony in that, LoL.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Spigzy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Spigzy »

Imam Mackevili wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:55 pmWell, we should all be able to agree there's a bit of ironing in that, LoL.
FTFY :stir:
Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Cinnamoncat wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:19 am What's with all the hatred? Who cares what she does with her spiritual life? As in, so what?
Well, she chose to tweet aka advertise the fact that she has converted knowing full well that in doing so she is making a statement to the world.

I think most ppl couldn't give a sh*t but she chose to make a statement publicly rather than keep it to herself. Why is that do you think?

If you wanna go public about it as a celebrity then you have to face the consequences.. her choice..
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

So now she’s

britscienceteacher
Expatriate
Great Britain

The Classic Sinead O'Connor

Post by britscienceteacher »

Cinnamoncat
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Cinnamoncat »

clutchcargo wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:43 pm
Cinnamoncat wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:19 am What's with all the hatred? Who cares what she does with her spiritual life? As in, so what?
Well, she chose to tweet aka advertise the fact that she has converted knowing full well that in doing so she is making a statement to the world.

I think most ppl couldn't give a sh*t but she chose to make a statement publicly rather than keep it to herself. Why is that do you think?

If you wanna go public about it as a celebrity then you have to face the consequences.. her choice..
It's just rather interesting (amusing? funny? predictable?) that the men of CEO are choosing to string her up. Just saying. I'd like to see if there's a woman out there with brains and autonomy that speaks to any of you. I did notice that a young Khmer woman who is speaking out about issues common to women of Cambodia got a minor round of applause, but mostly not.

It's usually going to be some poor girl who's jumped from the ninth floor, or someone in not much clothing. Again, just an observation.

Keep on doing what you like to do.

britscienceteacher
Expatriate
Great Britain

You should join Anonymous, which such opinions

Post by britscienceteacher »

Cinnamoncat wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:27 pm
clutchcargo wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:43 pm

It's just rather interesting (amusing? funny? predictable?) that the men of CEO are choosing to string her up. Just saying. I'd like to see if there's a woman out there with brains and autonomy that speaks to any of you. I did notice that a young Khmer woman who is speaking out about issues common to women of Cambodia got a minor round of applause, but mostly not.

It's usually going to be some poor girl who's jumped from the ninth floor, or someone in not much clothing. Again, just an observation.

Keep on doing what you like to do.
Cinnamoncat I completely disagree with you, and myself because we're both completely wrong. That's the way it is. Accept it. That's the role of women. Look, if you want to voice your opinions openly and not get any jip for it then join an anonymous group like... Anonymous. They have similar gripes about the public portrayal of women (and a cool theme which is somewhat of a cross between 'Starwars' and 'V for Vendetta'):

Look at what they say to Kayne West:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic