my mother sold me

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
davegorman
BANNED
France

Re: my mother sold me

Post by davegorman »

Didn’t the BBC fake a lot of their natural animal stuff?
Their reasoning was it happens but it’s hard to film.

Everyone knows Cambodia has history of child abuse. Why stir the apple cart with yet another documentary.
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

finbar wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:24 pm I'm guessing they probably were paid to appear, but telling their true story.
But were told by trafficking police, to say they were paid to lie, or face a trafficking prosecution.
Thus saving face for Cambodia, while incriminating a government critic. Neat.
They were paid actors. It did not happen to them.

It does happen to other people.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

davegorman wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:30 pm Everyone knows Cambodia has history of child abuse. Why stir the apple cart with yet another documentary.
It should be exposed, so action is taken to stop it.

Do you ever think about what those girls go through.

One girl was sold to a brothel at a young age. She had difficulty getting an ID card, as she didnt know how to find her true family. She also did not know her date of birth or how old she was. But worse than that, she was put in drugs, and became a drug addict. This enables them to control her, but destroys her life.
davegorman
BANNED
France

Post by davegorman »

You’ve obviously been in Cambodia for many, many years. I’ve been here a mere 10.

If you could PM me we could take this conversation off line.

Thank you.
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

davegorman wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:30 pm Didn’t the BBC fake a lot of their natural animal stuff?

Everyone knows Cambodia has history of child abuse. Why stir the apple cart with yet another documentary.
Because it's disgusting and it needs to stopped. Why not upset the applecart instead of stirring it or taking the discussion offline?
davegorman
BANNED
France

Post by davegorman »

Anthony's Weiner wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:47 pm
davegorman wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:30 pm Didn’t the BBC fake a lot of their natural animal stuff?

Because it's disgusting and it needs to stopped. Why not upset the applecart instead of stirring it or taking the discussion offline?
Yes it does need to stop. Why fake it?
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

davegorman wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:41 pm If you could PM me we could take this conversation off line.
I dont know how to to get it working. I try to send a message and it does not get sent. Is there any tricks I should be aware of.
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

explorer wrote:
davegorman wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:41 pm If you could PM me we could take this conversation off line.
I dont know how to to get it working. I try to send a message and it does not get sent. Is there any tricks I should be aware of.
Cambodia is full of tricks you should be aware of.
For example, some people waste your time on internet forums, pretending they know what they're talking about.
Many Khmer also understand magic.
One man wanted to send bad magic to me but I sent it back with " barang mirror magic".
Sometimes bar girls will trick you too
They will say they love you when they really dont.
Yes, Cambodia is full of tricks.

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

and sometimes moms with babies will ask u to buy baby milk for them in the shop, which u thinking, "no scam here", OK, buy it give it to them an as soon as ur back is tuned, return to the shop an sell it back.

They most likely used actors cause it was a lot easier than researching and finding a real kid that the mom had sold and for whatever reason they could make their "true documentary" an sell it or use it to raise funds for,xxxxxx

The west are suckers for sad stories when kids are involved...... look at the ads "boys town " or "save the children" runs...
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

You need to be a Lert.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic