Chinese girly bar on street 136

When we all like to come out and play...
Bars, clubs and pubs oh my!
User avatar
console
Expatriate
Posts: 131
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:18 pm
Reputation: 7
Cambodia

Re: Chinese girly bar on street 136

Post by console » Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:38 am

tiger bar is owned by the same guys that own corner and ostro...
its not Chinese only.. i always play pool there at the front and i am white with a viking beard.
Not much goes on in side, they do seem to target the Chinese but so does every bar, cause Chinese have money!!
I know many girls that request transfers to bars that get the Chinese cause they get paid more.

In regards to happy pizzas if you don't know , well now you do "a number amount of doors down" from tiger bar is one of the longest standing pot bars in PP right on 136 and they are not selling pizzas .......
Follow your nose and the gang of tuk tuk security, its impossible to miss, just like its impossible to miss that tiger bar's sign is not all Chinese...
Freelance coder / web developer. I make REAL web applications.
c#, NodeJS, Python... Contact ME !! I work for 50c beers !!!
User avatar
clutchcargo
Expatriate
Posts: 2225
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:09 pm
Reputation: 868
Cambodia

Re: Chinese girly bar on street 136

Post by clutchcargo » Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:05 pm

I don't go to the hostess bars much nowadays except when friends are in town and I join in on a bar hop.

One thing I've noticed is there are a lot more chinese patrons now than, say 6 months ago. I had thought before they preferred to go to KTVs often managed/owned by chinese apparently. Now they are definitely spilling over to the HBs.

I noticed too that the bars with the same owner ie Mr and Mrs Butterfly, 69 and Candy bars all have big banners out the front in chinese. Most other bars seem to have done the same at least on 136 eg Tiger et al.

The takeover has started here folks..and won't be long before westerners will be the outsiders methinks.
bittermelon
Expatriate
Posts: 242
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:57 am
Reputation: 69
New Zealand

Re: Chinese girly bar on street 136

Post by bittermelon » Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:25 pm

console wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:38 am
136 and they are not selling pizzas .......
In my opinion the quality of those "un pizza's" was absolutely shocking. I'm not that fussy but just shocking.
violet
Expatriate
Posts: 981
Joined: Fri May 23, 2014 3:48 pm
Reputation: 301

Re: Chinese girly bar on street 136

Post by violet » Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:40 pm

console wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:38 am
tiger bar is owned by the same guys that own corner and ostro...
its not Chinese only.. i always play pool there at the front and i am white with a viking beard.
Not much goes on in side, they do seem to target the Chinese but so does every bar, cause Chinese have money!!
I know many girls that request transfers to bars that get the Chinese cause they get paid more.

In regards to happy pizzas if you don't know , well now you do "a number amount of doors down" from tiger bar is one of the longest standing pot bars in PP right on 136 and they are not selling pizzas .......
Follow your nose and the gang of tuk tuk security, its impossible to miss, just like its impossible to miss that tiger bar's sign is not all Chinese...

Lolol

Viking beard
Not remotely hipster
Pure Viking


Photos
User avatar
clutchcargo
Expatriate
Posts: 2225
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:09 pm
Reputation: 868
Cambodia

Re: Chinese girly bar on street 136

Post by clutchcargo » Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:50 pm

violet wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:40 pm
console wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:38 am
tiger bar is owned by the same guys that own corner and ostro...
its not Chinese only.. i always play pool there at the front and i am white with a viking beard.
Not much goes on in side, they do seem to target the Chinese but so does every bar, cause Chinese have money!!
I know many girls that request transfers to bars that get the Chinese cause they get paid more.

In regards to happy pizzas if you don't know , well now you do "a number amount of doors down" from tiger bar is one of the longest standing pot bars in PP right on 136 and they are not selling pizzas .......
Follow your nose and the gang of tuk tuk security, its impossible to miss, just like its impossible to miss that tiger bar's sign is not all Chinese...

Lolol

Viking beard
Not remotely hipster
Pure Viking


Photos
Else he has more of a Kung-fu hillbilly style beard..in which case he would not look at all out of place with the chinese at Tiger bar :stir:

Image
bittermelon
Expatriate
Posts: 242
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:57 am
Reputation: 69
New Zealand

Re: Chinese girly bar on street 136

Post by bittermelon » Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:43 am

fax wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:32 am
They make them weak on purpose because most customers are drop in tourists feeling excited wanting to try for the first time. So they eat an unknown amount of something they’ll have an unknown reaction to an unknown time later, not the best for reviews right? Better sell a mild Instagram placebo high.
I have some experience with eating this plant and in my limited experience have found quite the opposite. That overdose feeling where you have to tell yourself that no-one has ever died of a "happy" overdose and you'll be o.k in a few hours. Have sometimes wondered if unscrupulous chefs "enhance" their pizzas with something from the chemist- but that's probably just paranoid.
User avatar
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Posts: 13679
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:34 am
Reputation: 1880
Location: Naklua
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: Chinese girly bar on street 136

Post by Jamie_Lambo » Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:43 pm

bittermelon wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:43 am
fax wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:32 am
They make them weak on purpose because most customers are drop in tourists feeling excited wanting to try for the first time. So they eat an unknown amount of something they’ll have an unknown reaction to an unknown time later, not the best for reviews right? Better sell a mild Instagram placebo high.
I have some experience with eating this plant and in my limited experience have found quite the opposite. That overdose feeling where you have to tell yourself that no-one has ever died of a "happy" overdose and you'll be o.k in a few hours. Have sometimes wondered if unscrupulous chefs "enhance" their pizzas with something from the chemist- but that's probably just paranoid.
i had a happy pizza once in Laos, couldnt tell if i was stoned, or just drowzy from eating so much pizza
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
User avatar
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Posts: 9100
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 5:17 pm
Reputation: 1641
Location: the far side of the moon
Aruba

Re: Chinese girly bar on street 136

Post by phuketrichard » Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:13 pm

Jamie_Lambo wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:43 pm
bittermelon wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:43 am
fax wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:32 am
They make them weak on purpose because most customers are drop in tourists feeling excited wanting to try for the first time. So they eat an unknown amount of something they’ll have an unknown reaction to an unknown time later, not the best for reviews right? Better sell a mild Instagram placebo high.
I have some experience with eating this plant and in my limited experience have found quite the opposite. That overdose feeling where you have to tell yourself that no-one has ever died of a "happy" overdose and you'll be o.k in a few hours. Have sometimes wondered if unscrupulous chefs "enhance" their pizzas with something from the chemist- but that's probably just paranoid.
i had a happy pizza once in Laos, couldnt tell if i was stoned, or just drowzy from eating so much pizza
big difference
overeating its all about ur stomach
pot its about ur head and body high :beer3:

PS; most of the shit they put on top of pizzas is garbage
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
User avatar
Brody
Expatriate
Posts: 2228
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:07 pm
Reputation: 1288
Cambodia

Re: Chinese girly bar on street 136

Post by Brody » Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:24 pm

phuketrichard wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:13 pm
PS; most of the shit they put on top of pizzas is garbage
I don't know man...I ate an entire large pizza from a well known place about 10 years ago...

...that put me into a fucking hole for about 8 hours...I never want to be that stoned again...ever.

I've been leery of edibles ever since.
User avatar
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Posts: 13679
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:34 am
Reputation: 1880
Location: Naklua
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: Chinese girly bar on street 136

Post by Jamie_Lambo » Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:51 pm

phuketrichard wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:13 pm
Jamie_Lambo wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:43 pm
bittermelon wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:43 am
fax wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:32 am
They make them weak on purpose because most customers are drop in tourists feeling excited wanting to try for the first time. So they eat an unknown amount of something they’ll have an unknown reaction to an unknown time later, not the best for reviews right? Better sell a mild Instagram placebo high.
I have some experience with eating this plant and in my limited experience have found quite the opposite. That overdose feeling where you have to tell yourself that no-one has ever died of a "happy" overdose and you'll be o.k in a few hours. Have sometimes wondered if unscrupulous chefs "enhance" their pizzas with something from the chemist- but that's probably just paranoid.
i had a happy pizza once in Laos, couldnt tell if i was stoned, or just drowzy from eating so much pizza
big difference
overeating its all about ur stomach
pot its about ur head and body high :beer3:

PS; most of the shit they put on top of pizzas is garbage
haha it was a joke mate, but i guess you've never heard of a "Food Coma" or more accurately "Postprandial Somnolence" before?
food coma
noun INFORMAL
noun: food coma; plural noun: food comas
a state of sleep or extreme lethargy induced by the consumption of a large amount of food
“After eating high carbohydrate meal (like Thanksgiving lunch), blood flow is shunted to your stomach and intestines to help metabolize the food,” explains Dr. Haythe. “Insulin levels surge to help lower blood glucose levels. As a result, people often feel fatigue and low energy.”
Essentially, your body can only focus on so many things at once, and when too much blood flow is going towards digestion, less blood flow is available for the rest of your body, resulting in sleepiness, light-headedness, or just a need to sit down.
https://www.teenvogue.com/story/what-is-a-food-coma
Postprandial somnolence (colloquially known as the itis,] food coma, after dinner dip, or postprandial sleep) is a normal state of drowsiness or lassitude following a meal. Postprandial somnolence has two components: a general state of low energy related to activation of the parasympathetic nervous system in response to mass in the gastrointestinal tract, and a specific state of sleepiness. There are numerous theories surrounding this behavior, such as decreased blood flow to the brain, neurohormonal modulation of sleep through digestive coupled signaling, or vagal stimulation
Parasympathetic activation
In response to the arrival of food in the stomach and small intestine, the activity of the parasympathetic nervous system increases and the activity of the sympathetic nervous system decreases.[6][7] This shift in the balance of autonomic tone towards the parasympathetic system results in a subjective state of low energy and a desire to be at rest, the opposite of the fight-or-flight state induced by high sympathetic tone. The larger the meal, the greater the shift in autonomic tone towards the parasympathetic system, regardless of the composition of the meal
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postprandial_somnolence
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 53 guests