Best Way To Get A Letter Posted To Cambodia

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Best Way To Get A Letter Posted To Cambodia

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

As from the other thread, I'm thinking about getting an ATM card posted to PP,
whats the best way to get it posted?
can you just get it posted direct to the PP Post Office with your contact number on it and they will call you when its arrived?
or is it best to put your apartment address on it too with contact number and the postman will call when somewhere near?
or scrap that idea and just order a new one here and wait 2 weeks :facepalm:
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Old8404
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Best Way To Get A Letter Posted To Cambodia

Post by Old8404 »

From U.S. I have used Fed Ex three times for credit cards and important documents. About 3 days and door delivery. Very reliable and easy tracking. As with mail needs phone number for them to call you to confirm delivery.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Old8404 wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:32 pm From U.S. I have used Fed Ex three times for credit cards and important documents. About 3 days and door delivery. Very reliable and easy tracking. As with mail needs phone number for them to call you to confirm delivery.
how much was your delivery, Royal Mail international tracked and signed for, quoting £6, 5-7 working days
Rogue
Expatriate
Honduras

Post by Rogue »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:20 pm
Old8404 wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:32 pm From U.S. I have used Fed Ex three times for credit cards and important documents. About 3 days and door delivery. Very reliable and easy tracking. As with mail needs phone number for them to call you to confirm delivery.
how much was your delivery, Royal Mail international tracked and signed for, quoting £6, 5-7 working days
That's cheap. 60usd from Panama.

I get DHL to hold it for pick-up.
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

There's no reason not to use Tracked and Signed For, unless you need it in less than a week.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

cptrelentless wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:40 pm There's no reason not to use Tracked and Signed For, unless you need it in less than a week.
for £6, id be happy to pay that to get it here ASAP, it would cost me more than that in bank charges using my English card
Old8404
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Old8404 »

Fed Ex from USA was about $40 (I think)
cautious colin
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by cautious colin »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:57 pm As from the other thread, I'm thinking about getting an ATM card posted to PP,
whats the best way to get it posted?
can you just get it posted direct to the PP Post Office with your contact number on it and they will call you when its arrived?
or is it best to put your apartment address on it too with contact number and the postman will call when somewhere near?
or scrap that idea and just order a new one here and wait 2 weeks :facepalm:
I always do contact number and address, on both sides. If they feel like delivering for a small tip they will. If not they will call when it is there. I would get it tracked though as least you have a rough idea where it is (until it gets to Cambodia) and you can check the computers at the post office if it is taking longer than expected.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

EMS is trackable and half the price of fedex or dhl. a little slower. put your local phone number on the front.
Captain Bonez
Baked
Nigeria

Post by Captain Bonez »

I've had a couple ATM cards sent to me in the post from England and Australia to my PO Box here in Phnom Penh before. The ATM cards were put between 2 pieces of card/postcards and put in a regular envelope and sent by air mail. Both arrived fairly quickly and without problem.
If you enjoy noise pollution and obnoxious driving practices, Phnom Penh is the place for you!

This.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic