Best Way To Get A Letter Posted To Cambodia

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
jw85
Expatriate
Austria

Re: Best Way To Get A Letter Posted To Cambodia

Post by jw85 »

whatever you do don't use dhl

it sat at their office her for over 8 hours then i called them and had to prod them to do it at firts they said it would take a day

gave them address and directions in english and khmer still sent driver to wrong address took an hour from toul kork to boeung keng kong

the package arrived stapled closed after somebody had opened it they couldnt say who did it

someone else next time

any suggestions?
sc63w
Tourist
United States of America

Post by sc63w »

Jamie, have you looked into getting a PO Box / Mailbox for three months inside the post office? If you get an atm card sent there, it'll just sit in your box until you pick it up. :beer1:
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

sc63w wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:23 pm Jamie, have you looked into getting a PO Box / Mailbox for three months inside the post office? If you get an atm card sent there, it'll just sit in your box until you pick it up. :beer1:
a poster on here is going to let me use his PObox :)
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

The PO system is a little faulty and sometimes relies on customers to relocate mail from wrong to right box. Last I saw it was literally a stack of shoe boxes on the floor.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

whatever else you do- get that local ph number on it
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

jw85 wrote:whatever you do don't use dhl

it sat at their office her for over 8 hours then i called them and had to prod them to do it at firts they said it would take a day

gave them address and directions in english and khmer still sent driver to wrong address took an hour from toul kork to boeung keng kong

the package arrived stapled closed after somebody had opened it they couldnt say who did it

someone else next time

any suggestions?
Sorry you had such a poor experience with DHL. Missus’ friend works there. One of his jobs is to listen to and address customer complaints. Yesterday customer had a package requiring customs to be paid. Customer sent over information from the DHL in the West, irate that there was actually such a thing as customs excise in Cambodia. And initially refused and wanted to just take custody of said package.
walkjivefly
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by walkjivefly »

Royal Mail tracked and signed for always takes at least 2 weeks in my experience. And it won't get delivered to a PO Box; you'll get the usual call from the Wat Phnom post office and have to go and collect it.
DHL takes 3 days from the UK. My missus explains how to find the house when the driver calls.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

walkjivefly wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:21 pm Royal Mail tracked and signed for always takes at least 2 weeks in my experience. And it won't get delivered to a PO Box; you'll get the usual call from the Wat Phnom post office and have to go and collect it.
DHL takes 3 days from the UK. My missus explains how to find the house when the driver calls.
they quoted 5 days to my dad who posted it yesterday morning, so we will see
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic