Lost My Cambodian ATM Card...

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Lost My Cambodian ATM Card...

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Well not lost, but let my ABA ATM card back in England and i've just noticed,
going to pop down to ABA shortly to try sort a new one out,
anyone gone through the process of getting a new card?
how long does it take, just wondering if its worth getting my old one posted out or to just order a new one
Orkun Neak Tang Os Knea
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Re: Lost My Cambodian ATM Card...

Post by hanno »

Took me a couple of weeks to replacer a stolen one (with ANZ).
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

hanno wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:09 pm Took me a couple of weeks to replacer a stolen one (with ANZ).
fks sake :facepalm:
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Make sure you practice your signature exactly as it is in your passport at least 50 times before going in there. They are picky.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

General Mackevili wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:21 pm Make sure you practice your signature exactly as it is in your passport at least 50 times before going in there. They are picky.
yeah it might just be easier getting my original card posted out to me, might take a week or whatever but at least i wont have to fuck about with the banks and getting a new pin number etc etc
ive do have my UK bank card to tide me over
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

ive still got my bank book so i should still be able to get money out that way, its just my ATM card thats missing
Barang_doa_slae
The Dark Horse
Cambodia

Post by Barang_doa_slae »

If it’s just a local ATM card without your name printed on it, it could be a matter of minutes, ID proofing and 10$ for the replacement one.
At least that’s how Campu bank or CIMB deal with such events.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

NAB customers could soon be withdrawing cash with their face

Jessica YunYahoo Finance23 October 2018

Photos: NAB/Getty
More
NAB is trialling a new ATM that would see customers cash out using facial recognition technology.

The artificial intelligence- and cloud-powered ATM would remove the need for physical cards or devices, using only your face and PIN to withdraw money.

Also read: This is why Aussies are shying away from Big 4 banks

In a video on NAB’s website, the major bank’s chief customer experience officer Rachel Slade said the bank wanted to create experiences that were “personal”, “easy” and “supportive”.

“Things like testing facial recognition at an ATM. It’s a really interesting to see how that works in our universe for our customers,” Slade said.

The major bank teamed up with Microsoft to create the proof-of-concept ATM using cloud-based system from the technology giant’s Azure Cognitive Services.

How it works
NAB senior consultant, AP Hacks James Dunwoody explained in the video that Azure’s library stored facial recognition data.

“We map your face and those dots that lay out your face are the ones that get stored in the cloud. That’s the identifier we use,” he said.

“If you’re looking at the ATM and someone is peeking over your shoulder, and you’re concerned that they might be looking at your PIN, we can detect that second face and we can lock it down and not allow you to enter your PIN.”

Steve Day, from NAB EGM Infrastructure, Cloud and Workspace, espoused the security of facial recognition technology and the lack of need for physical cards.

Also read: Charity told to repay thousands to the government

“With your face recognition and the PIN, that’s about as secure as you can ever get.”

The proof-of-concept ATM is being showcased at the Sibos conference held in Sydney this week that focuses on how data, AI, and new technology is driving innovation in financial services.

If I’m a NAB customer, should I be worried that NAB’s got records of my face?
Not quite – the ATM is only at the proof-of-concept stage, meaning it’s only being tested to prove it can work. Furthermore, it seems that individuals would have had to voluntarily participate in the trials.

On its website, NAB made it clear that the concept was “designed purely to test the customer experience of using such technology”.

“The ATM system, using Azure Cognitive Services, does not store images, only the biometric data, and the data is held securely on Microsoft’s trusted cloud platform; it will be erased following the experiment,” NAB said.

Also read: School banking programs next in the firing line

“The information will be used only for the purpose of authenticating the customer and for no other purpose.

“Participants in the concept will not have any of their banking information connected to the system.”

The ATM was developed and designed in two months by NAB’s technology division alongside its in-house innovation lab, NAB Labs.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
JaceMon
Expatriate
Dominica

Post by JaceMon »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:38 pm ive still got my bank book so i should still be able to get money out that way, its just my ATM card thats missing
You don't need to use your card at all to get money from an ABA ATM if you have the ABA app on your phone. You can get a code sent to your phone and use that.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Barang_doa_slae wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:01 pm If it’s just a local ATM card without your name printed on it, it could be a matter of minutes, ID proofing and 10$ for the replacement one.
At least that’s how Campu bank or CIMB deal with such events.
its just a ABA Union Pay card, its not a Visa or Mastercard, so it might be a smoother transaction, cant remember if name was printed or not, might pop in the new main branch for a chat tomorrow, ive still got my passbook, still recovering from the past 2 weeks in Pattaya today! :beer:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic