Two day wild goose chase looking for Iranian Embassy, where is it?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
britscienceteacher
Expatriate
Great Britain

Not only looking to travel....

Post by britscienceteacher »

TWY wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:45 pm If your British then Turkey will give you a visa on arrival for 30 days.

Likewise, if your British - Iran isn't the 1st country on my list to visit. Plus, I doubt you will be able to obtain a Iranian visa unless you return to the UK and apply in person at the Iranian embassy.

Good Luck.
You're right about the UK requirement (Chinese can get visa on arrival too) - we're a Chinese-British family.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_requ ... e_citizens

You can obtain a visa at any embassy (at their discretion). You don't need to use a particular country's embassy. You can certainly enquire at any embassy or consulate. I would just like to know the location of the Iranian embassy.

I'm not just looking to travel. I saved up quite a bit of money working over the past ten years or so, but I'm looking at work visas too. That's if I can secure a job before going - easier to arrive on a work visa and dependent visas than having to do another visa run.
britscienceteacher
Expatriate
Great Britain

You're on the right track Frank... kind of

frank lee bent wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:15 am maybe askum big police or muslim hajiman friend iran.
No sure who 'big police' are, but yes I have established that I do need to get to the Iranian Embassy to ask. Now I just need the address and preferably a map...
britscienceteacher
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Two day wild goose chase looking for Iranian Embassy, where is it?

Cam Nivag wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:38 am Why does he keep posting here for advice on finding embassies in Addis Ababa? Last month he was looking for the Argentinian embassy.
Because I'm looking for visa info about where to travel next and can't get easy access to the info. I also know that the good people here travel. I was looking for the Argentinian embassy but then the flights that show up on my searches don't look so good to go straight there (flying at funny times with long connections that would mess up the circadian rhythm - 24hr body clock) and nothing on the jobs front there so far either.
britscienceteacher
Expatriate
Great Britain

Anybody shed any light?

jimsocks wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:44 am Image
doesn't look like google maps have the smaller street names. but heres a pic anyway
If you're viewing the same image as me then you've been searching for the old embassy address, not the new one. This is also not the same address listed on the site that I provided a screenshot of.

Peculiar internet discrepancy... anybody shed any light?
britscienceteacher
Expatriate
Great Britain

frank lee bent wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:08 am never wise to burn bridges with one's native soil.
Who's burned bridges? I love Britain and British people.

If you mean my family, my wife is from the PCR. I fell in love and got married. It's that simple. If bridges burned then there's nothing to be done.

If you are talking about my opinions 'not being with the herd' then I'll say that in no country are people's opinions (thoughts) completely homogeneous. I have a question:

Did supporters of Nelson Mandella supporters burn bridges when he went to prison? Were they on the 'wrong side'?

Here's half a quote for you:
"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority..." - Mark Twain
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

Post by prahocalypse now »

britscienceteacher wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:41 pm my wife is from the PCR.
What's the PCR?
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

So......
What the fuck do you teach, when you teach, and to whom?
I ask again.

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

Post by prahocalypse now »

britscienceteacher wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:41 pm
Did supporters of Nelson Mandella supporters burn bridges when he went to prison?
No. They burnt people.
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

prahocalypse now wrote:
britscienceteacher wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:41 pm my wife is from the PCR.
What's the PCR?
Easy mistake to make if English is not one's first language, I guess he's talking about the Peoples Chinese Republic....or maybe the Peoples Communist Regime...., I dunno, never understood my science teachers....

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

britscienceteacher
Expatriate
Great Britain

Topic Reminder: Iranian Embassy in Addis Ababa

This is the 'Ask an Expat' Q&A forum.

Please stay on topic!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic