Man takes out meat, 50,000 pounds of pork chops destroyed

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Man takes out meat, 50,000 pounds of pork chops destroyed

Post by hanno »

Probably not the first time it happened; the guys are probably forced to do piece work:

https://munchies.vice.com/en_us/article ... veyor-belt
Jester
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Man takes out meat, 50,000 pounds of pork chops destroyed

Post by Jester »

hanno wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:18 am Probably not the first time it happened; the guys are probably forced to do piece work:
You meant to say, "piss work", right?

Seriously, I have no doubt that the company helped create this situation.

Whether the meat should have been tossed, I don't know. Human urine is said to be sterile. But yeah, disgusting, and I am glad there are regulations. And I salute ansd support the regulators.

But here in the Philippines, 20,000 entire famileis could have been sustained for 2 week on that meat, that was tossed. Hard to know what's right.
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

Jester wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:28 pm
hanno wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:18 am Probably not the first time it happened; the guys are probably forced to do piece work:
You meant to say, "piss work", right?

Seriously, I have no doubt that the company helped create this situation.

Whether the meat should have been tossed, I don't know. Human urine is said to be sterile. But yeah, disgusting, and I am glad there are regulations. And I salute ansd support the regulators.

But here in the Philippines, 20,000 entire famileis could have been sustained for 2 week on that meat, that was tossed. Hard to know what's right.
FYI :D
Urine is not sterile, even before it comes out of you and gets contaminated by your skin. Bacteria are present at low levels in the urine of healthy people not suffering from a urinary tract infection, Evann Hilt of Loyola University of Chicago reported May 18 at a conference of the American Society for Microbiology.
It appears that the urban legend about urine being sterile has its roots in the 1950s, Hilt says, when epidemiologist Edward Kass was looking for a way to screen patients for urinary tract infections before surgery. Kass developed the midstream urine test (still used when you pee in a cup) and set a numerical cutoff for the number of bacteria in normal urine: not more than 100,000 colony-forming units (cell clusters on a culture dish) per milliliter of urine. A person tests “negative” for bacteria in their urine as long as the number of bacteria that grow in a lab dish containing the urine falls below this threshold. “It appears that the dogma that urine is sterile was an unintended consequence,” Hilt says.https://www.sciencenews.org/blog/gory-d ... r-rest-you
Jester
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Jester »

Yeesh, that was more than I wanted to know, but hell, I asked for it, didnt I.

Anyway I now feel better about them tossing the meat out.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic