Native English Speaker Looking For Work In Phnom Penh

This is our job board for expats. Until ZipRecruiter and Indeed make their way to the Kingdom of Wonder, this is the best place to look for employment in Cambodia, whether you're looking to teach English, manage a 5-star hotel, volunteer, or even work for some of the big NGOs. Even digital nomads who move to Cambodia sometimes need a side gig as a TEFL instructor from time to time. Most professional expatriate jobs are in Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap and Kampot are emerging as attractive alternatives. If you're an employer or hiring manager, you're also welcome to post your job listing here for free.
Zhivago451
Expatriate
United States of America

Native English Speaker Looking For Work In Phnom Penh

Post by Zhivago451 »

Hi everyone. I am a native English speaking self taught linguist. I am planning to move to Phnom Penh Cambodia in January of 2019 and I am looking for work. I do not have a degree of any kind nor a TEFL certificate. I do however have many years of experience in teaching English to foreign exchange students that I have befriended coming to my country; and I have experience as an interpreter. While I am not specifically looking for a job as an English Teacher, that is the job I would like more than anything. However I am open to any and all jobs so long as they pay decently enough. If anyone knows places that are hiring and looking for foreigners more specifically Native English speaking I would greatly appreciate and welcome any and all links, posts, and information on these places as I would like to set up a job for my arrival. Of course I plan to do a ton of searching myself once I arrive. Any advice or tips is appreciated. Thank you very much ahead of time and I look forward to hearing you all.
bvanfossen
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Native English Speaker Looking For Work In Phnom Penh

Post by bvanfossen »

You'll have no problem finding work with your experience
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

https://www.facebook.com/groups/268506779953380/
try to avoid mentioning your lack of certifications.
print a bunch of resume's and go to schools and ask to speak directly to the director of studies on the spot.
i doubt you will arrange anything remotely, but you should be able to get a job within a week or 2 by cold calling.
pay is normally around $1100-1200 p.m.
SE Asians are quite racist, and people of colour can find it a little difficult, otherwise should be easy.
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

bvanfossen wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:23 am You'll have no problem finding work with your experience
Haha, what experience? Talking to foreigners? What the hell is a self taught linguist?

Jamie has experience teaching English words to bargirls I don't that qualifies him for a teaching job.
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

I've said it before and I'll say it again, there is a definite need for a sarcasm font.

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

Post by prahocalypse now »

Cam Nivag wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:42 am
bvanfossen wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:23 am You'll have no problem finding work with your experience
Haha, what experience? Talking to foreigners? What the hell is a self taught linguist?

Jamie has experience teaching English words to bargirls I don't that qualifies him for a teaching job.
His experiences with bargirls probably qualifies him as a cunnilinguist.
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

Barang chgout wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:51 am I've said it before and I'll say it again, there is a definite need for a sarcasm font.

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk
Haha if it was sarcasm it was too subtle for me.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Cam Nivag wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:42 am

i also teach Khmer words to Thai Bargirls from Isaan :D if anything, im over experienced :plus1: :beer3:
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
simon43
Expatriate
Laos

Post by simon43 »

...and I have experience as an interpreter
Interpreter? Your post doesn't make clear what you actually interpret from and to? Judging by your written English grammar/punctuation skills, I assume you interpret from correct English into fcuked-up English.

Anyway, I'm all ears to know :)
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

"However I am open to any and all jobs so long as they pay decently enough."

Wrong country.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic