Currency exchange in cambodia

Whether you're a working stiff or a business owner yourself, this is the place to discuss all aspects of financing your drinking habit ;-)

NO BUSINESS SALES HERE PLEASE, WE HAVE A SECTION FOR THAT IN THE CLASSIFIEDS.
seokangwoo99
Tourist
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:57 pm
Reputation: -1
Location: Los Angeles ,CA
United States of America

Currency exchange in cambodia

Post by seokangwoo99 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:02 pm

for people reading this post. If you have been to cambodia can you please tell me if a currency exchanger in cambodia use counting machine to count my money?? or they dont even have a machine just count using hand?????
User avatar
AndyKK
Expatriate
Posts: 2016
Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:32 am
Reputation: 388
Cambodia

Re: Currency exchange in cambodia

Post by AndyKK » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:30 pm

Banks do. Street changers useuly not.
seokangwoo99
Tourist
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:57 pm
Reputation: -1
Location: Los Angeles ,CA
United States of America

Re: Currency exchange in cambodia

Post by seokangwoo99 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:15 pm

AndyKK wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:30 pm
Banks do. Street changers useuly not.
so Street changer don't use counting machine??

second question, which is better???? bank or street changer??
User avatar
General Mackevili
The General
Posts: 16435
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 5:24 pm
Reputation: 1528
Location: The Kingdom
Contact:
United States of America

Re: Currency exchange in cambodia

Post by General Mackevili » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:21 pm

seokangwoo99 wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:15 pm
AndyKK wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:30 pm
Banks do. Street changers useuly not.
so Street changer don't use counting machine??

second question, which is better???? bank or street changer??
Correct. Is that surprising for some reason? I can't imagine that being of concern to a customer, unless they are changing a huge amount of cash, and in that case I'd assume they'd count it by hand anyway.

I think you get better rates on the street in Cambodia. Better rates in the banks in Thailand. Why do I feel you are up to shady transactions? :stir:
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
seokangwoo99
Tourist
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:57 pm
Reputation: -1
Location: Los Angeles ,CA
United States of America

Re: Currency exchange in cambodia

Post by seokangwoo99 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:27 pm

General Mackevili wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:21 pm
seokangwoo99 wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:15 pm
AndyKK wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:30 pm
Banks do. Street changers useuly not.
so Street changer don't use counting machine??

second question, which is better???? bank or street changer??
Correct. Is that surprising for some reason? I can't imagine that being of concern to a customer, unless they are changing a huge amount of cash, and in that case I'd assume they'd count it by hand anyway.

I think you get better rates on the street in Cambodia. Better rates in the banks in Thailand. Why do I feel you are up to shady transactions? :stir:

Because what if i receive counterfeit ? I do notice street rate is better. But some of my friend said they dont use counting machine so im really worried if there would be counterfeit.
seokangwoo99
Tourist
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:57 pm
Reputation: -1
Location: Los Angeles ,CA
United States of America

Re: Currency exchange in cambodia

Post by seokangwoo99 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:29 pm

i was planning to travel to cambodia for a week in siem reap. any idea how much money do i need for a week????
newkidontheblock
Expatriate
Posts: 1331
Joined: Tue May 20, 2014 3:51 am
Reputation: 340

Re: Currency exchange in cambodia

Post by newkidontheblock » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:33 pm

Depends on what you are planning to do, where you plan to stay, and how you plan on getting around. Would say between $200-$1000.
seokangwoo99
Tourist
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:57 pm
Reputation: -1
Location: Los Angeles ,CA
United States of America

Re: Currency exchange in cambodia

Post by seokangwoo99 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:36 pm

newkidontheblock wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:33 pm
Depends on what you are planning to do, where you plan to stay, and how you plan on getting around. Would say between $200-$1000.
I was planning on a cheap trip, learn local culture,eat local food.

planning on bringing $1000 there.
User avatar
General Mackevili
The General
Posts: 16435
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 5:24 pm
Reputation: 1528
Location: The Kingdom
Contact:
United States of America

Re: Currency exchange in cambodia

Post by General Mackevili » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:00 pm

seokangwoo99 wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:36 pm
newkidontheblock wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:33 pm
Depends on what you are planning to do, where you plan to stay, and how you plan on getting around. Would say between $200-$1000.
I was planning on a cheap trip, learn local culture,eat local food.

planning on bringing $1000 there.
Good answers, and fair enough. Personally, I'd just walk up to one that looks like it has foot traffic, count your cash, count the cash they give you, and that's it. Maybe not exchange all your money at one go, if you are so worried.

Where are you from? I assume you are from around Asia if you're just coming for a week, right?
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
seokangwoo99
Tourist
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:57 pm
Reputation: -1
Location: Los Angeles ,CA
United States of America

Re: Currency exchange in cambodia

Post by seokangwoo99 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:09 pm

General Mackevili wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:00 pm
seokangwoo99 wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:36 pm
newkidontheblock wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:33 pm
Depends on what you are planning to do, where you plan to stay, and how you plan on getting around. Would say between $200-$1000.
I was planning on a cheap trip, learn local culture,eat local food.

planning on bringing $1000 there.
Good answers, and fair enough. Personally, I'd just walk up to one that looks like it has foot traffic, count your cash, count the cash they give you, and that's it. Maybe not exchange all your money at one go, if you are so worried.

Where are you from? I assume you are from around Asia if you're just coming for a week, right?
I'm from LA. I have been traveling since 6 month ago. I'm in Malaysia now. Planning stay at cambodia for 1 week then back to LA for a while then travel again.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 41 guests