too hot ? in Siem Reap

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Re: too hot ? in Siem Reap

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:38 pm DIB Club is a great pool, sometimes they have DJs spinning tunes during the day, great spot for a Sunday sesh...yea food ain't the cheapest, but it's much more enjoyable than going to a shitty little hotel pool, most of which serve even more expensive food and drinks.
yup i posted some pics on here before of DIB club, ill see if i can dig them up
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

This is DIB Club...
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
RickyBobby
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by RickyBobby »

Kinda depends on your demographic and your purpose for the pool. If you want to do laps and exercise, or if you are younger and want to party and play pool volleyball or something.

Sokhalay has one of the nicer pools I have seen, but it is overrun now by Chinese (although the place is empty during the day) and the pool is the same standing depth throughout. It is a really nice atmosphere and spacious with nice lounging areas.

Funky Flashpacker has a nice vibe if you are younger; it is busy and full of younger bikini clad expats. If you fit into that demographic, you would like it there, even though the pool is a typical rectangle and not too large. You can also swim for free if you buy your drinks.

There are tons of places to take a splash where you can swim for free if you buy a drink, and they are fine for cooling off. I find I always stay at places with pools because I like the ambiance of it, even though I rarely use them.
"Dear Lord Baby Jesus, Lyin in a Manger"
exoterre
Expatriate
Greenland

Post by exoterre »

Hotdigr wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:34 pm Anyone that would go into a hotel/guesthouse and use their pool without at least ordering a drink or a small plate of chips (french fries for you yanks!), is the cheapest of cheap charlies and should be laughed at imo. :plus1:
sorry i prefer gratin dauphinois .i never eat french fried is to fat
bienheureux le simple d esprit car il et misericordieux
exoterre
Expatriate
Greenland

Post by exoterre »

i go this place 2 time on week , good place quiet maybe bussy on week end i dont no
ha si . they have not gratin dauphinois :bow:
https://kidfriendlysiemreap.wordpress.c ... siem-reap/
bienheureux le simple d esprit car il et misericordieux
Kampuchia Crumbs
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kampuchia Crumbs »

Hotdigr wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:34 pm Anyone that would go into a hotel/guesthouse and use their pool without at least ordering a drink or a small plate of chips (french fries for you yanks!), is the cheapest of cheap charlies and should be laughed at imo. :plus1:
Hey, they are called Freedom fries :facepalm: I don't even remember why we (Yanks) got all hell bent out of shape mad at the French to call them that (and it was only a few years ago)....
What, Me worry?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic