Sihanoukville Residents Complain about Water Services

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Barang_doa_slae
The Dark Horse
Cambodia

Re: Sihanoukville Residents Complain about Water Services

Post by Barang_doa_slae »

cptrelentless wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:43 pm
Barang_doa_slae wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:26 pm
CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:08 pm Trucks deployed amid clean water shortage in Preah Sihanouk province
29n October 2018
Nongdy Nara, provincial head of public relations, said “In some areas, people have weak access to water – some can use water, while others cannot – especially people living near construction site”
Duh! The all city is a construction site! :please:

PS: to all who care. For once I anticipated the crisis and built a DIY four stages gravitational filters water treatment plant for my deep well. We now have the cleanest water I ever had in Cambodia as both my ice cubes and my bathtub compared to the ones of any PP 4* hotel can attest.
You have a bathtub? Like a tin one?
Not quite so, cheap acrylic one for kids for now but a proper onsen fits a few soaking bath is coming soon.
:horse:
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Sihanoukville, Cambodia News: The governor of Sihanoukville has told residents that the city water supply should resume in a brief period of time. However, he is encouraging the construction company to speed up their pipe-laying.

And look it's almost finished. Some people complain about nothing.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

The water shortages continue in Sihanoukville despite promises from the authorities, and yesterday the Sihanoukville Chief of Police ordered the fire department to supply water to the main public hospital. Due to the lack of clean water, it is feared that the sanitation conditions at the hospital are not optimal.
Meanwhile, Sihanoukville residents say that they are fed up with the situation, because there is never enough water for basic household needs and cleanliness.

Sihanoukville, Cambodia News: On the afternoon of March 6, 2019, General Choun Narin urgently recruited two firetrucks to transport water to the Sihanoukville Referral Hospital, after reports that both staff and patients were suffering from water shortages.
The police chief of Sihanoukville, General Choun Narin said, "This morning, I received a request from the provincial hospital for the lack of clean water for use by staff and patients. Immediately, I ordered the fire prevention and rescue vehicles to provide clean water to Sihanoukville Referral Hospital, which lacked access to clean water. "
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

Time to start drinking your own piss, Shv.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

I can confirm that they have started to fill Prek Tup/Tob lake in. They are leaving a bit of a pond by the roadside apparently. But who needs water, right ? ( :evil: After two (smelly) days without a water supply, and many others in Sihanoukville have it worse.)
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

Land given to one of the more powerful CPP members. If there is shit happening he is in it.

Check out his name on CEO or PP Post.

e.g. Mother Nature activists found guilty
Post by CEOCambodiaNews » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:15 am

26 January 2018
Two activists from the conservation group Mother Nature were found guilty today of “incitement to commit a felony” and making unauthorised recordings of a person “in a private place” by the Koh Kong Provincial Court for their work documenting alleged sand transportation off the coast.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic