Return ticket/ticket out rule changes?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: Return ticket/ticket out rule changes?

Post by General Mackevili »

Hotdigr wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:07 pm
Brody wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:01 pm
Hotdigr wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:12 pm EDIT: I was a bit harsh on Dilby in my original reply to him, so I have deleted it.. Mate, don't make assumptions though please.
You should have let it stay. Dilhole is just a vladimir / that genius, sock. I can't believe we're going through this shite again.
Fuk it. Here I am trying to turn over a new, gentler, more ....Politically Correct I s'pose, leaf and I get taken in by bloody Vlad!
More fool me I, I should have picked it/him! :facepalm:
Maybe I'll just go back to being a complete c"nt again 8)
That appears to be accurate. Goodbye, Dilby.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

Whenever anyone asks an embassy or government type person about what travel documents are needed, that embassy or government person will almost always give the most conservative and fear-mongering advice possible.

An embassy person won't say "Technically you're supposed to have an onward ticket, but the reality is that Cambodian immigration officers never ask for it unless you're an African or Indian." They're gonna tell you that you need an onward ticket. Especially since some airlines do require it and they don't want to be blamed and have someone write to their local member of parliament or to the ambassador and say "Bob Smith at the embassy told me that Cambodian officials never ask for an onward ticket so I didn't get one and I was denied boarding."

Embassy types will also probably tell you that you absolutely need to bring a passport photo to enter Cambodia and that you have to be vigilant at all times against grenade attacks.
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

Brody wrote:
Hotdigr wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:12 pm EDIT: I was a bit harsh on Dilby in my original reply to him, so I have deleted it.. Mate, don't make assumptions though please.
You should have let it stay. Dilhole is just a vladimir / that genius, sock. I can't believe we're going through this shite again.
Glad I’m not the only one who noticed.
Multipox
Expatriate
Andorra

Post by Multipox »

It's the airlines not the immigration people at the airport who bug you about this.
They say they can get fined or required to pay your passage out.
Flew in many times on Bangkok Air and Air Asia, never bugged by the airlines or the immigration people.
But Lufthansa and Singapore got real picky.
I asked the visa clerk in PP and he said yes, onward ticket required.
A travel agent or search engine might provide a work around.
When I need advice about life, I just check in here.
AdvisorExpertTravel
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by AdvisorExpertTravel »

Sooner or later this rule will apply, Why Khmer could be any smarter than Thai ?!
cautious colin
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by cautious colin »

AdvisorExpertTravel wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:25 pm Sooner or later this rule will apply, Why Khmer could be any smarter than Thai ?!
huh?

As Multipox said above, it is nearly always the airline imposing these rules at the departure end as they are the one that would have the liability to get you back.

Some countries' immigration do ask you, this is normally where the visa cannot be extended (I was asked in Indonesia as travelling with a Khmer who cannot extend) & asked in Singapore, also because travelling with Khmer.

As someone pointed out earlier, Cambodian visas can be extended so it doesn't make that much sense to require you to have a departing ticket.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic