hospitals

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
PIEMAN
Expatriate
Cambodia

hospitals

Post by PIEMAN »

i have a mate who atm is very sick,i have been told by several people that a hospital here in pp,offers free treatment to khmer and barangs,does anyone know the name and have info on it.
Meat pie Sausage Roll come on Rovers score a goal.
https://www.facebook.com/Pieman-Phnom-P ... 711967235/
Beerinthemorning
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: hospitals

Post by Beerinthemorning »

PIEMAN wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:32 am i have a mate who atm is very sick,i have been told by several people that a hospital here in pp,offers free treatment to khmer and barangs,does anyone know the name and have info on it.
Calmette does free antiretroviral medication .
PIEMAN
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by PIEMAN »

can you expand on that
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

Post by prahocalypse now »

Beerinthemorning wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:21 am
PIEMAN wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:32 am i have a mate who atm is very sick,i have been told by several people that a hospital here in pp,offers free treatment to khmer and barangs,does anyone know the name and have info on it.
PIEMAN wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:55 am can you expand on that
Come on! Trapper constructed a five-word sentence with several multi-syllable words. You're asking too much.
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

prahocalypse now wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:04 pm
Beerinthemorning wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:21 am
PIEMAN wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:55 am can you expand on that
Come on! Trapper constructed a five-word sentence with several multi-syllable words. You're asking too much.
I know of no free hospital care for foreigners. For good advice you need to expand on the suspected.nature of your mate's illness.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
Hotdigr
Expatriate

Post by Hotdigr »

taabarang wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:14 pm
I know of no free hospital care for foreigners. For good advice you need to expand on the suspected.nature of your mate's illness.
I am currently getting free hospital care for TB. If I was still contagious, that would include a room in the isolation ward (I'm well out of that stage though thank fuk). But all my meds and monthly tests are free. I started treatment at Royal PP 2 months ago, who are excellent but expensive. I was spending about $1000 a month including the trips up to PP and back. Once it was under control, they referred me to the govt. hospital here, where as I just found out, I get charged for nothing!
So, I think it depends what his sickness is. If its a notifiable thing like TB, they will take care of it free.
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

Always happy to be wrong if the news is good. As we both cautioned however more ifo about his disease is needed. Indeed, some free care might be best avoided.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
PIEMAN
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by PIEMAN »

cancer and by the looks of it late stages.
gennyfrank
Tourist
Nigeria

Post by gennyfrank »

Pls what's the minimum wage for English teachers all over Cambodia
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

Post by prahocalypse now »

gennyfrank wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:17 pm Pls what's the minimum wage for English teachers all over Cambodia
You probably should have started a new thread. Even in the expat community in Cambodia, it's not polite to hijack a thread about some guy dying of cancer to ask job-related questions.

However...

The official wage is quite low. I'm not sure exactly how much.

For foreigners, it depends on your skin tone.

If you are white, and have no releveant qualifications or experience, hourly rates start at about $10.

If you are brown-skinned and from another Southeast Asian country, you can halve that.

I think that Black people from Africa can expect something inbetween.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic