hospitals

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Re: hospitals

Post by Cam Nivag »

Black Africans make more as English teachers than Filipinos? Why?
PIEMAN
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by PIEMAN »

Cheers for that thing your on the wrong thread.
Meat pie Sausage Roll come on Rovers score a goal.
https://www.facebook.com/Pieman-Phnom-P ... 711967235/
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

Post by prahocalypse now »

Because Flippers have the most annoying accent on God's green earth.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

Cam Nivag wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:37 pm Black Africans make more as English teachers than Filipinos? Why?
But do they both make more than Pieman? That's the real question.

Thanks for the update Pieman. You're a good friend to you mate. :thumb:
Hotdigr
Expatriate

Post by Hotdigr »

PIEMAN wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:28 pm :stir: we eventually got my mate to a decent hospital today,he has been mis diagnosed and has TB,like jumping out of the frying pan into the fire,got some meds and hopefully he will start eating again.
Mate, not trying to sound callous, but I'm pleased to hear that's all it is. I'm saying that from the POV of currently having and being treated for TB myself here in Kampot, after being told in Australia it was most likely lung cancer. Believe me the TB diagnosis was a load off my mind as lung cancer was a death sentence for me basically and TB is easily and cheaply treatable, particularly over here. Most important thing is to take the meds EVERY day without fail at around the same time, he's on them for a minimum of 6 months btw. They are very toxic to your liver and kidneys, so he needs to get a blood test once a month for liver and kidney function (they test for creatine manufacture mainly).Also needs a monthly sputum test to tell him what his bacteria count is.
I'm sure his Doctor has told him all this anyway.
Don't know if he's a smoker, but I have drastically cut my ciggie intake back, from 3 packs a day to about 1/2 a pack. Still to many but... fukn nicotine. Don't know if he's a drinker, but for the sake of his liver and kidneys, if he doesn't want to give up, suggest he does what I do now and drink 1/2 and 1/2 beer and soda water. My last L&K test showed no problem. If it shows impaired function I will think about giving up for 6 months. Yes, all advice is to give both up completely, but ....well....
Good luck and best wishes to him. Its NOT a death sentence now days and it doesn't have to have a drastic impact on your life, provided he takes his fukn meds EVERY SINGLE DAY without fail.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

20 years in the mil entitles him to free housing and meals on US bases, and flights free on military transport.
I am sure he would get free medical treatment on any US base.
Maybe closest in Okinawa?
He would know that though.
They get a pretty decent pension too.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Hotdigr wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:01 pm
PIEMAN wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:28 pm :stir: we eventually got my mate to a decent hospital today,he has been mis diagnosed and has TB,like jumping out of the frying pan into the fire,got some meds and hopefully he will start eating again.
Mate, not trying to sound callous, but I'm pleased to hear that's all it is. I'm saying that from the POV of currently having and being treated for TB myself here in Kampot, after being told in Australia it was most likely lung cancer. Believe me the TB diagnosis was a load off my mind as lung cancer was a death sentence for me basically and TB is easily and cheaply treatable, particularly over here. Most important thing is to take the meds EVERY day without fail at around the same time, he's on them for a minimum of 6 months btw. They are very toxic to your liver and kidneys, so he needs to get a blood test once a month for liver and kidney function (they test for creatine manufacture mainly).Also needs a monthly sputum test to tell him what his bacteria count is.
I'm sure his Doctor has told him all this anyway.
Don't know if he's a smoker, but I have drastically cut my ciggie intake back, from 3 packs a day to about 1/2 a pack. Still to many but... fukn nicotine. Don't know if he's a drinker, but for the sake of his liver and kidneys, if he doesn't want to give up,

suggest he does what I do now and drink 1/2 and 1/2 beer and soda water.

My last L&K test showed no problem. If it shows impaired function I will think about giving up for 6 months. Yes, all advice is to give both up completely, but ....well....
Good luck and best wishes to him. Its NOT a death sentence now days and it doesn't have to have a drastic impact on your life, provided he takes his fukn meds EVERY SINGLE DAY without fail.

Well at-least the water bit is good for you, but I would suggest you do what I do and cut out the beer and soda.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Hotdigr
Expatriate

Post by Hotdigr »

Duncan wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:08 am
Well at-least the water bit is good for you, but I would suggest you do what I do and cut out the beer and soda.
Can't disagree with your comment mate. But so far my kidneys and liver haven't been affected. So, I will just wait and see if its necessary. Research seems to show that the main problem with heavy drinking when taking the meds (any meds for that matter) is people get so drunk they actually regularly forget to take them. That isn't a problem for me.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

frank lee bent wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:27 am 20 years in the mil entitles him to free housing and meals on US bases, and flights free on military transport.
I am sure he would get free medical treatment on any US base.
Maybe closest in Okinawa?
He would know that though.
They get a pretty decent pension too.
That's correct Frank Lee Bent.

It was first covered in this thread by me...and then some other guy. But worthy of a third mention I guess:
Brody wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:48 am
PIEMAN wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:01 am He is a 20 yr vetran
If he did 20 years then he is most likely a 'retired' veteran, which carries a bit more weight than just the run of the mill 'veteran'. It might be worth contacting the Department of Veterans Affairs with his info. As a retired veteran he may be entitled to some amenities in this case.
TWY wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:39 pm If he's a 20 year US veteran then he needs to get on the first plane back to the states. He is eligible for assistance through the VA, or (what most veterans choose) can have good health insurance through Tricare and seek private health care.

The US embassy in Cambodia should have pointed him in that direction - but thats about all they can do in the situation.
PIEMAN
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by PIEMAN »

Thanks to everybody who gave advice on this thread,poor Greg passed away sat night Sunday morning.
Meat pie Sausage Roll come on Rovers score a goal.
https://www.facebook.com/Pieman-Phnom-P ... 711967235/
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic