hospitals

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Beerinthemorning
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: hospitals

Post by Beerinthemorning »

prahocalypse now wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:23 pm
gennyfrank wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:17 pm Pls what's the minimum wage for English teachers all over Cambodia
The official wage is quite low. I'm not sure exactly how much.

For foreigners, it depends on your skin tone.

If you are white, and have no releveant qualifications or experience, hourly rates start at about $10.

If you are brown-skinned and from another Southeast Asian country, you can halve that.

I think that Black people from Africa can expect something inbetween.
Working in SEA as a teacher with no savings, qualifications or experience is pretty much setting yourself up to fail.
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

prahocalypse now wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:23 pm
The official wage is quite low. I'm not sure exactly how much.

For foreigners, it depends on your skin tone.

I think that Black people from Africa can expect something inbetween.
She appears to be from Nigeria!
gennyfrank wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:28 pm I hold a Nigerian passport, ve been to 3 African countries on visit.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

No idea if this is of any use to your friend, but a new cancer centre opened at Calmette in January, and it's mentioned that the Khmer-Soviet hospital also has a specialized cancer ward. These are the only two public cancer treatment centres in Cambodia.
newsworthy/cambodia-unveils-modern-canc ... ml#p217733

However, if your friend is "just" dying, and does not need special treatment for his illness, perhaps some Catholic charity for the dying would be more in line with his needs. I have vaguely heard of such places - there's one run by Catholic monks I think near Siem Reap ? Hopefully someone else will have more precise information.
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

AM, I don't know for a fact that the victim in question Is suffering from AIDS, but this old newspaper article is all that I could find referring to s planned hospice in the area you mentioned

https://m.phnompenhpost.com/national/cr ... -sufferers
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

taabarang wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:36 pm AM, I don't know for a fact that the victim in question Is suffering from AIDS, but this old newspaper article is all that I could find referring to s planned hospice in the area you mentioned
I was alluding to cancer treatment in reply to this post from Pieman.
PIEMAN wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:39 pm cancer and by the looks of it late stages.
Pieman, does the guy have no family or anyone willing to get him back to his country ? I think UK, Europe, Australia, NZ should have basic medical cover for their citizens, even expats.
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

Anchor Moy wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:03 pm
taabarang wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:36 pm AM, I don't know for a fact that the victim in question Is suffering from AIDS, but this old newspaper article is all that I could find referring to s planned hospice in the area you mentioned
PIEMAN wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:39 pm cancer and by the looks of it late stages.
Pieman, does the guy have no family or anyone willing to get him back to his country ? I think UK, Europe, Australia, NZ should have basic medical cover for their citizens, even expats.
Yes cancer is a bit vague, it covers a lot of variations.
However at one time back when I met.several of the sisters at Wat Than and they were committed to improving life quality, not saving souls., Only.pieman can act on this. info by.contacting.the Sisters of Maryknoll if it seems the appropriate course of action. I wish good luck to all concerned.
Beerinthemorning
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Beerinthemorning »

Morphine drip is cheap in KoW.......
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

taabarang wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:54 pm
Anchor Moy wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:03 pm
Yes cancer is a bit vague, it covers a lot of variations.
"Iwas alluding to cancer treatment in reply to this post from Pieman
Aids frequently involves cancer, in particular Karposi's syndrome.

However at one time back when I met.several of the sisters at Wat Than and they were committed to improving life quality, not saving souls., Only.pieman can act on this. info by.contacting.the Sisters of Maryknoll if it seems the appropriate course of action. I wish good luck to all concerned.
PIEMAN
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by PIEMAN »

My friend is american and has no family in the usa,his only family is a young daughter in the phillipines.we contacted the embassy in pp,the american one and they offered no help,just asking us to return his passport when he croaked.He is a 20 yr vetran and i thought that was a piss poor reply but so is life.
Meat pie Sausage Roll come on Rovers score a goal.
https://www.facebook.com/Pieman-Phnom-P ... 711967235/
Dilby
Expatriate
Argentina

Post by Dilby »

Just out of curiosity, how is a veteran any different to a full US citizen?

I have a friend who returned from his 5th mission in Iraq and waited SIX months for a medical appointment in the US of A.

It seems to me, a vet is worth shit in Murika, yet you equate it with something on here. Why?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic