Phnom Penh Boiler Room Warning: BEI Trading Sells Alibaba's Ant Financial (PayPal of China)

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Gang Warily
Tourist

Phnom Penh Boiler Room Warning: BEI Trading Sells Alibaba's Ant Financial (PayPal of China)

Post by Gang Warily »

This story highlights another boiler room scam operating from Phnom Penh at the moment. As there are real names mentioned I have not posted the full story.

However it is safe to say that anyone planning to buy shares in Ant Financial the PayPal of the Chinese conglomerate Ali Baba, should avoid, especially Brits, selling this product from a phoney company called BEI Trading. I guess you must see these guys in the bars.

https://www.andrew-drummond.com/2018/10 ... phnom-pen/
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: Phnom Penh Boiler Room Warning: BEI Trading Sells Alibaba's Ant Financial (PayPal of China)

Post by General Mackevili »

Interesting. I remember the British tourist, Ibrahim Baig, who died in Phnom Penh being in the news. It was a strange death.

British Tourist Ibrahim Baig Dies in Shenanigans Guesthouse in Phnom Penh, Cambodia.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Phnom Penh Boiler Room Warning: BEI Trading Sells Alibaba's Ant Financial (PayPal of China)

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

General Mackevili wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:38 pm Interesting. I remember the British tourist, Ibrahim Baig, who died in Phnom Penh being in the news. It was a strange death.

British Tourist Ibrahim Baig Dies in Shenanigans Guesthouse in Phnom Penh, Cambodia.
Indeed. Many questions remained unanswered.
They said that the deceased arrived in Cambodia as a tourist, but he may well have relocated to Phnom Penh after answering an ad such as this one:
From the OP link:
A Bangkok bar ‘Shenanigans’, just as ‘Shenanigans’ Phnom Penh is today, was a notorious haunt of boiler room scammers. The Bangkok pub has since changed both its name and clientele.
At the time Barry John Wilson was operating a boiler room from a private house guarded by men in military uniform in Phnom Penh. The villa was under the control of his property company. The scammers who worked there were picked up at Shenanigans bar each morning at 5am and were driven to the villa and told not to bring mobile phones.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
whiteribbon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by whiteribbon »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:25 pm
General Mackevili wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:38 pm a private house guarded by men in military uniform in Phnom Penh.
Sorry for this completely unrelated question: What would it cost to have someone professional to guard your house here? I currently have my neighbour who is ex-military put on his old work clothes and walk around a bit for free when he has nothing else to do but it's not exactly 24h protection.
just noise, white noise
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

whiteribbon wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:23 am
General Mackevili wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:38 pm a private house guarded by men in military uniform in Phnom Penh.
Sorry for this completely unrelated question: What would it cost to have someone professional to guard your house here? I currently have my neighbour who is ex-military put on his old work clothes and walk around a bit for free when he has nothing else to do but it's not exactly 24h protection.
For a serious military uniformed dude as a bodyguard/driver it was $400 a month ten years ago. Outside of working hours you can get a soldier way cheaper but they might just fall asleep on you. 8-)
Silence, exile, and cunning.
whiteribbon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by whiteribbon »

John Bingham wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:30 am
whiteribbon wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:23 am
For a serious military uniformed dude as a bodyguard/driver it was $400 a month ten years ago. Outside of working hours you can get a soldier way cheaper but they might just fall asleep on you. 8-)
Wow so expensive already 10 years ago, so now probably double or more. I'll just keep my neighbour and will install some smart security cameras instead.
just noise, white noise
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

.....and where is Toby?

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Barang chgout wrote:.....and where is Toby?

Which one's Toby?
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

Toby who allegedly used his boys for a hit in Thailand a year or 2 back.
He got arrested for something along the lines of wrong Visa or whatever, couple of appearances in the post and then.....deafening silence.
Guess he's in the Canary islands or so....

Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

Turner and Nelhams are wormfood.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic