Kampot - power cuts?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
aroimakmak
Tourist
Argentina

Kampot - power cuts?

Post by aroimakmak »

How common are power cuts in Kampot? I am considering relocating there but need to avoid a place with frequent blackouts.

Thanks
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Re: Kampot - power cuts?

Post by Jerry Atrick »

None since 1993.
Hotdigr
Expatriate

Post by Hotdigr »

Very, very rare. Annd when we have them, 10 minutes tends to be a long one, average is about 2 or 3 minutes. I live in Chum Kriel, an outer "suburb", about 2 km's from the Durian roundabout heading towards Kep and 2 x 5 minute blackouts a month is about the norm here.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Hotdigr wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:55 am Very, very rare. Annd when we have them, 10 minutes tends to be a long one, average is about 2 or 3 minutes. I live in Chum Kriel, an outer "suburb", about 2 km's from the Durian roundabout heading towards Kep and 2 x 5 minute blackouts a month is about the norm here.

I thought anything less than 5 minutes was called a '' brownout ''.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Hotdigr
Expatriate

Post by Hotdigr »

Duncan wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:02 am I thought anything less than 5 minutes was called a '' brownout ''.
I'm certainly no expert, but I always thought a "brown out" was when the voltage dipped sharply and your lights dim and your fan slows down etc? What I was describing in the above post is a definite no power at all situation.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Hotdigr wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:06 am
Duncan wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:02 am I thought anything less than 5 minutes was called a '' brownout ''.
I'm certainly no expert, but I always thought a "brown out" was when the voltage dipped sharply and your lights dim and your fan slows down etc? What I was describing in the above post is a definite no power at all situation.

OK, I'll meet you half way .. Can we call it a '' Black and Tan out ''
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Hotdigr
Expatriate

Post by Hotdigr »

:beer2: :beer3:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic