Southeast Asia assorted graphs/graphics on IQ, GDP and stuff.

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Kampoochie
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Southeast Asia assorted graphs/graphics on IQ, GDP and stuff.

Post by Kampoochie »

Kung-fu Hillbilly wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:34 pm Image

Global average 84.3…wouldn't it be 100 by definition?
TOG
Expatriate
Singapore

Post by TOG »

Just to compound the stupidity of these wild statements, according to this website, China's average IQ is 105 while the USA is 98. The Irish are at 92 while Equatorial Guinea comes in at 59

https://iq-research.info/en/average-iq-by-country
You don't stop riding when you get old, you get old when you stop riding
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

Without a price of beer comparison these stats are meaningless.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

not sure when this was done but corruption in Thailand has gotten MUCH worse than before the military took over
Locals are unhappy, even expats are getting upset with many new rules/hassles at immigration & regulations, (they just announced the UK embassy will no longer provide a letter stating ur income for 1 year extensions).
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Kampoochie
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kampoochie »

Kampoochie wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:45 am
Kung-fu Hillbilly wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:34 pm Image

Global average 84.3…wouldn't it be 100 by definition?
Worth noting this is pulling "facts" from rlynn.co.uk, the website of Richard Lynn. Rational Wiki describes him this way:

Richard Lynn (1930–) is a white supremacist British psychologist, eugenicist, and self-described "race realist" who formerly taught at the University of Ulster. A former editor-in-chief of the prominent racist pseudojournal Mankind Quarterly, Lynn has been claiming that genetics is responsible for racial inequality and international wealth inequality for decades. Unlike many other researchers with provocative conclusions about race, Lynn is willing to advocate for high-IQ, "genetically superior" societies closing their borders to keep the low-IQ inferior people out.[1] He is probably best known for his work with Tatu Vanhanen,Wikipedia's W.svg a political scientist, estimating the average IQ scores of different countries.[2] This work has led him to the conclusion that Sub-Saharan African countries have average IQ scores of below 70, an estimate that has been heavily criticized because of his unsystematic methodology.[3] His work on alleged race differences in intelligence gained prominence when it was cited in the Bell Curve.[4]
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

How many of you have actually had to sit an IQ test in real life?

I never was required to do so.

Of course, I have tested mine online at some point since internet access became widespread, but that doesn't mean much, except to my ego.
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

phuketrichard wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:04 am not sure when this was done but corruption in Thailand has gotten MUCH worse than before the military took over
Locals are unhappy, even expats are getting upset with many new rules/hassles at immigration & regulations, (they just announced the UK embassy will no longer provide a letter stating ur income for 1 year extensions).
Like what because I'm not aware of any, the people I know find the process much smoother than previous. I don't blame Thailand for a unilateral decision by the British Embassy.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
Dilby
Expatriate
Argentina

Post by Dilby »

phuketrichard wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:04 am not sure when this was done but corruption in Thailand has gotten MUCH worse than before the military took over
So, like 40 years ago? Who woulda thunk it?
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Cowshed Cowboy wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:43 am
Like what because I'm not aware of any, the people I know find the process much smoother than previous. I don't blame Thailand for a unilateral decision by the British Embassy.
like what? Heres two
well ur supposed to do a new TM 30 EVERY TIME you come back to ur home if u have stayed in a hotel or left the country,of course every immigration has its own rules. Phuket, cm and others requires it, Bangkok No, not sure about Pattaya, http://www.chiangmailocator.com/wiki-th ... o-you-p172

Immigration now, ( at least for Phuket an other places i have heard about on Thaivisa) sometimes (has happened to 3 friends of mine that have done their retirement extensions in the last month) visits u at the home ur registered at. Used to be they only visited those on Marriage extensions.

I still find it quite painless thou, did mine in June
phuketrichard wrote: ↑
Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:04 am
not sure when this was done but corruption in Thailand has gotten MUCH worse than before the military took over

So, like 40 years ago? Who woulda thunk it?
No, like 4 1/2 years ago according to thai newspapers and tv news an talking with locals
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Gardiguy
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Gardiguy »

Jerry Atrick wrote:How many of you have actually had to sit an IQ test in real life?

I never was required to do so.

Of course, I have tested mine online at some point since internet access became widespread, but that doesn't mean much, except to my ego.
In my school in Canada we were required to every year from age 6 to 10
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic