Remember the Good Old Days

This is a part of our Cambodia forums to chat about anything Cambodia-related. This discussion forum is at the top of our site because it's usually the busiest part of the expat community chatter with random topics on just about everything, including expat life, Khmer politics, Cambodian blogs we have or have come across, or whatever else our members want to discuss. Whether you're an expatriate, tourist, Cambodian or random traveler just passing through South East Asia, you are welcome to talk about anything or start new topics yourselves.
User avatar
Duncan
Sir Duncan
Posts: 6519
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:22 pm
Reputation: 1443
Location: Wonder Why Central

Remember the Good Old Days

Post by Duncan » Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:58 pm

Remember the good old days when we all had ''karma points ''. Then someone stole them and gave us '' Reputation '' points instead . Why , who.. I feel like my empty glass has been replaced by another empty glass.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
User avatar
fax
Expatriate
Posts: 2197
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:28 am
Reputation: 1021
Korea North

Re: Remember the Good Old Days

Post by fax » Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:01 pm

I feel like it’s too early into the holiday to be out of booze!
User avatar
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Posts: 9312
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 5:17 pm
Reputation: 1735
Location: the far side of the moon
Aruba

Re: Remember the Good Old Days

Post by phuketrichard » Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:58 pm

Duncan wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:58 pm
Remember the good old days when we all had ''karma points ''. Then someone stole them and gave us '' Reputation '' points instead . Why , who.. I feel like my empty glass has been replaced by another empty glass.
wow,i didn't even notice it had changed
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
User avatar
Duncan
Sir Duncan
Posts: 6519
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:22 pm
Reputation: 1443
Location: Wonder Why Central

Re: Remember the Good Old Days

Post by Duncan » Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:06 pm

phuketrichard wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:58 pm
Duncan wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:58 pm
Remember the good old days when we all had ''karma points ''. Then someone stole them and gave us '' Reputation '' points instead . Why , who.. I feel like my empty glass has been replaced by another empty glass.
wow,i didn't even notice it had changed

Not '' changed '' stolen . I have been offered thousands of dollars for my karma points on Ebay. I bet I cannot even get a offer for my now ''Reputation ''
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
User avatar
General Mackevili
The General
Posts: 16499
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 5:24 pm
Reputation: 1547
Location: The Kingdom
Contact:
United States of America

Re: Remember the Good Old Days

Post by General Mackevili » Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:11 pm

Duncan wrote:
phuketrichard wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:58 pm
Duncan wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:58 pm
Remember the good old days when we all had ''karma points ''. Then someone stole them and gave us '' Reputation '' points instead . Why , who.. I feel like my empty glass has been replaced by another empty glass.
wow,i didn't even notice it had changed

Not '' changed '' stolen . I have been offered thousands of dollars for my karma points on Ebay. I bet I cannot even get a offer for my now ''Reputation ''
Hahaha! I think you found our first post-update glitch/bug.

We did a bunch of random updates last night, so be on the lookout for rips in the Matrix.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Barang chgout
Expatriate
Posts: 3065
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:36 am
Reputation: 677

Re: Remember the Good Old Days

Post by Barang chgout » Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:19 pm

Hey!
Fuck with my karma all you want.
My rep. is mine. You'll hafta work hard to grade that.

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

User avatar
Cruisemonkey
Expatriate
Posts: 1083
Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:16 pm
Reputation: 317
Vietnam

Re: Remember the Good Old Days

Post by Cruisemonkey » Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:43 pm

I thought they were carrots.
You could be next.
Jim Gil
Expatriate
Posts: 77
Joined: Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:05 pm
Reputation: 43
Great Britain

Re: Remember the Good Old Days

Post by Jim Gil » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:47 pm

Barang chgout wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:19 pm
Hey!
Fuck with my karma all you want.
My rep. is mine. You'll hafta work hard to grade that.

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

O.k. I have to admit I haven't done any research at all into your posting history or personal views on anything but I'll give you an F on reputation, ,,,, I'm right arent I?
User avatar
TOG
Expatriate
Posts: 725
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:35 pm
Reputation: 279
Location: Yorkshire and Singapore
Singapore

Re: Remember the Good Old Days

Post by TOG » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:05 pm

Barang chgout wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:19 pm
Hey!
Fuck with my karma all you want.
My rep. is mine. You'll hafta work hard to grade that.

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk
Reputation = number of post divided by likes/karma/reputation as a percentage = 19%

Maybe that's the way to go, no numbers just a percentage based on a simple formula.
You don't stop riding when you get old, you get old when you stop riding
User avatar
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Posts: 13741
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:34 am
Reputation: 1936
Location: Naklua
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: Remember the Good Old Days

Post by Jamie_Lambo » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:56 am

TOG wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:05 pm
Barang chgout wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:19 pm
Hey!
Fuck with my karma all you want.
My rep. is mine. You'll hafta work hard to grade that.

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk
Reputation = number of post divided by likes/karma/reputation as a percentage = 19%

Maybe that's the way to go, no numbers just a percentage based on a simple formula.
great idea, although it would benefit new posters whilst wouldnt look good for older posters who racked up a high post count before the latest karma function
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], DaveG, Duncan, gargarouf, Google Adsense [Bot], paul2d, phuketrichard, sophonhang, TeachingForPeanuts, Whatsupdoc and 153 guests