Remember the Good Old Days

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
TOG
Expatriate
Singapore

Re: Remember the Good Old Days

Post by TOG »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:56 am
great idea, although it would benefit new posters whilst wouldnt look good for older posters who racked up a high post count before the latest karma function
Damn, you saw through my plan.....
You don't stop riding when you get old, you get old when you stop riding
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

Very sad if posters only write what they think will get them "reputation" points.
You don't get anything for points so why would anyone worry.

Now I ask. What is the reason for points being added/deleted and totalled?

I am interested in what it ws designed for.

Ps. Happy Pchum Ben to all.
Seasquatch
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Seasquatch »

Duncan wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:58 pm Remember the good old days when we all had ''karma points ''. Then someone stole them and gave us '' Reputation '' points instead . Why , who.. I feel like my empty glass has been replaced by another empty glass.
God damn man I was expecting some cool old cars and hot chicks in this thread :dragonchase:
------
aka Yankee Gringo Gaijin aka Seppy Yank
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

"great idea, although it would benefit new posters whilst wouldnt look good for older posters who racked up a high post count before the latest karma function"

Reminds me of new posters who refer to long term expats as "has beens." Hard to feel insulted by some. nincompoop never has been. More than a few Khmer language posts spring to mind.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

Is there a list of long timers actually offended by karma count totals or is it an imagined fantasy problem? Is someone offended on behalf of someone else again??!!
Dilby
Expatriate
Argentina

Post by Dilby »

I hear when one gets to 60 one really doesn't care what others think, it's not just a saying.
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

fax wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:47 am Is there a list of long timers actually offended by karma count totals or is it an imagined fantasy problem? Is someone offended on behalf of someone else again??!!
IF and if only your post was a response to mine, you will note that nowhere did I mention karma count I am interested only in intelligent or humorous responses; I don't post for adulent recognition, but sharing info with either informed or interested parties. Wannabes need not respond.
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

taabarang wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:03 pm
fax wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:47 am Is there a list of long timers actually offended by karma count totals or is it an imagined fantasy problem? Is someone offended on behalf of someone else again??!!
IF and if only your post was a response to mine, you will note that nowhere did I mention karma count I am interested only in intelligent or humorous responses; I don't post for adulent recognition, but sharing info with either informed or interested parties. Wannabes need not respond.
It was in response to whoever you quoted in that post but not what you said. I’m agreeing with you and saying it’s very unlikely people who have posted long would care about their total points.

I’m on your side. ;-)
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

OK fax, let's call it a mix up on my part and consider the source of the problem confusion on the part of an old timer.
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

Haha, have some worthless karma!

Harmless mishap. :beer3:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic