UFC 229: Conor vs. Khabib [SPOILER ALERT]

Title says it all really...
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Re: UFC 229: Conor vs. Khabib [SPOILER ALERT]

Post by Barang chgout »

So the mouthy little Irishman went down?
Good.

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

Barang chgout wrote:So the mouthy little Irishman went down?
Good.

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

He did tap but I didn’t hear him crying over it. Conor has always respected a win as a win even this time he smiled at Kebabhabib winning and kept his sportsmanship.

Khebab had the shot of his life to turn this into a massive anti bullying campaign and would’ve earned massive respect and been remembered as the fighter who fought back and defeated the bully. Kids all over the world would’ve looked up at that and he’d be an awesome role model.

Now his paycheck is in jeopardy and he’s remembered as the guy who ruined sport all because someone literally said something to the level of “his mother is ugly and his family believes in God”. Yeah. Needs more self control. The way I see it it’s a lost opportunity.
Dilby
Expatriate
Argentina

Post by Dilby »

I heard Connor insulted his religion and family, if true, whatever happens after that would be on the bogtrotter.
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

Dilby wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:55 am I heard Connor insulted his religion and family, if true, whatever happens after that would be on the bogtrotter.
When Tyson was big some journalist stuck a mike in his face and asked about being a terrible role model. Mike responded something along the lines of: “you guys took a poor violent black man and gave him millions to fight people bloody and you expect a good role model?”

I’m paraphrasing but it’s a very strong point and I’ve got to respect Mike for making it.

Fast forward 30 years and the world sees a fighter who could be a positive role model with an anti bully message but decides not to because someone in the audience insulted his family and religion.

What an anti climax! Yo mama so fat you had to jump out the ring and punch me.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

When did McGregor insult his religion?

I see many people, including Khabib, using this line.

But I watched the fight and press conferences.

He called him a filthy Dagestani Rat.

Called his trainer a terrorist (he pretty much is).

Said something about the stink of piss off his dad.

Called him a spineless coward.

But I missed the religion bit.

Anyhow, it appears that Khabib has a suspect temperament, along with the personality of a goat.

McGregor is crass, sure, But the PPV money is x20 for both of them com pared to what it would be if he fought another Al Inquenta or whomever. It's the big show. It's Las Vegas. Money talks and Bullshit walks.

I figured before the fight it would be a McGregor K.O or Khabib by boring submission and it was. Rematch next year.
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

Apparently McGregor had thrown some of his Whiskey at Khabib. Khabib doesn’t touch alcohol because he’s religious. There was some words about terrorism too.
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

He didn’t throw any whisky at him just offered him a drink at one of the pressers.

He also was taking the piss at the end trying to copy some Muslim phrase at the end. Nothing really bad as far as I can tell.

The family stuff was crossing a line in my opinion, I do think the UFC need to think about how the trash talk can be taken. Mcgregor has constantly been using racist phrases especially during the Maywether promotions, calling his guards monkeys and telling Maywether to dance for him. While I agree this is the fight game and things get said but I think there is room to improve the way press conferences are conducted.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

fax wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:10 pm Apparently McGregor had thrown some of his Whiskey at Khabib. Khabib doesn’t touch alcohol because he’s religious. There was some words about terrorism too.
There were words about terrorism, yeah, but not in context of Khabib's religion. His trainer is a seriously dodgy Islamic terrorist sympathiser . . .

For me, Ferguson is the man in that division. I don't see either man from yesterday beating him, thought Ferguson is getting old. He's the same age as me.
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

UFC 229: Conor vs. Khabib [SPOILER ALERT]

Post by kiwiincambodia »

Jerry Atrick wrote: For me, Ferguson is the man in that division. I don't see either man from yesterday beating him, thought Ferguson is getting old. He's the same age as me.
That would be good but again, if Khabib can get the takedown it takes away a lot of Fergusons strengths although he would be the only one capable of giving Khabib a challenge on the ground.

Actually after seeing both fights yestersay I would be interested in seeing Woodly fight Khabib and Ferguson fight Conor.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic