Black Discrimination in Asia (Chinese)

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
hdgh29
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Black Discrimination in Asia (Chinese)

Post by hdgh29 »

Isaanbarang wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:08 pm
Feelgood wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:59 pm Is there any racism in the U.S.A. and Australia?
Of course, does that make it right? I Don t think there is a nation that does t have dochebags of one kind or another.
Something seems to be missing in these posts. What can it be? Ah yes, I am reminded of a quote from Live and Let Die (Ian Flemings book, not the movie), where the villain breaks Bonds little finger and says "Da guy ain't got no sensayuma". That's what's missing. Taking life a bit seriously are we?
"I tried being reasonable. Didn't like it" (Clint Eastwood)
hdgh29
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by hdgh29 »

The Seawolf wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:28 pm hdgh29 - are you Welsh?
Only if you count County Waterford as part of Wales.
"I tried being reasonable. Didn't like it" (Clint Eastwood)
Isaanbarang
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Isaanbarang »

hdgh29 wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:00 am
Isaanbarang wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:08 pm
Feelgood wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:59 pm Is there any racism in the U.S.A. and Australia?
Of course, does that make it right? I Don t think there is a nation that does t have dochebags of one kind or another.
Something seems to be missing in these posts. What can it be? Ah yes, I am reminded of a quote from Live and Let Die (Ian Flemings book, not the movie), where the villain breaks Bonds little finger and says "Da guy ain't got no sensayuma". That's what's missing. Taking life a bit seriously are we?
To quote another Irishman, Oscar Wilde "Best if you just put it behind you"
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Anthony's Weiner wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:31 am
hdgh29 wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:22 am
Isaanbarang wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:39 am
hdgh29 wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:16 am
Terry Fishsauce wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:53 pm
It's a true comment
Yes according to UK police statistics, blacks are responsible for the largest percentage of violent crimes and are also the largest race group in the prison population ( which seems to add up). However it also seems to be racist to state those facts, so let's all pretend the facts are wrong, and keep the white liberal vegan middle class tossers happy.
Yes, very true. I strongly suspect that in the UK numerically there are more English born white males convicted of child sexual offences than any other race, creed or sex. I would hate to be labeled as a white vegan middle class tosser so I just wash my hands with bleach if I am forced to shake hands with an Englishman.
Haha now that is a racist statement if ever I heard one. BTW going by what I read online in UK papers it's the Pakis and their grooming gangs who do all the kiddy fiddling these days. Or is that a racist statement as well?
Pakis? oops exposed yourself for what you are.

Among children aged between seven and 11 (Key Stage 2), 71 per cent of Chinese children met the expected standard for reading, writing and maths, compared with 54 per cent of white British pupils and 13% of white Gypsy and Roma pupils
Ethnicity Facts and Figures, UK Government website.
Perhaps you should get a Chinese to read it to you.

"Just about every time I was introduced to a colleague they would shake my hand then take a couple of steps back." Probably went and bleached their hands as well.
But in a few short years those pikey kids catch up very fast and can price you up for a new front drive as quick as a flash.
SuperFlyingChinaman
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by SuperFlyingChinaman »

A large majority of the 1.5 billion Chinese are from rural societies. Their exposure to the world is greatly limited. Just as in any other society, homogeneous groups shun from something that is different fron themselves. They don't understand it, therefore they don't trust it.

There was an experiment whereby they had two scenarios in the workplace:
1) An ethnic majority group and a small minority ethnic group within the staff team.
2) A relatively balanced ethic diversity within the team.

Am sure you can guess which team displayed zero racial discrimination, and got along as a team.

Sure, we could lambast individuals who seem narrow-minded and discriminate against other ethnicities... But we have to remind ourselves that they just don't know any better.

We could show tolerance and display simple acts of human kindness...

"C'mon, put down your chopsticks... try some spaghetti... Some delicious lamb curry... Or maybe just that big black dick".
Ian
Expatriate
Zimbabwe

Post by Ian »

I have heard asians say white people smell like cheese and black people smell like sour milk.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic