Black Discrimination in Asia (Chinese)

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
nouseforaname
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Black Discrimination in Asia (Chinese)

Post by nouseforaname »

I would say this is BS, re: his chart at 2:47. I was once on a flight from Turkey to USA. And a girl from Bangladesh sat next to me. So was so beautiful, but I have not smelled anything more rancid in my entire life.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

nouseforaname wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:16 pm I would say this is BS, re: his chart at 2:47. I was once on a flight from Turkey to USA. And a girl from Bangladesh sat next to me. So was so beautiful, but I have not smelled anything more rancid in my entire life.
Maybe you need to get out more?
Silence, exile, and cunning.
nouseforaname
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nouseforaname »

John Bingham wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:34 pm
nouseforaname wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:16 pm I would say this is BS, re: his chart at 2:47. I was once on a flight from Turkey to USA. And a girl from Bangladesh sat next to me. So was so beautiful, but I have not smelled anything more rancid in my entire life.
Maybe you need to get out more?
world traveler, and she was the worst..
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

For those who ride in the Singapore MRT you will understand how bad Indians smell, I am not kidding.
TOG
Expatriate
Singapore

Post by TOG »

yong wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:07 pm For those who ride in the Singapore MRT you will understand how bad Indians smell, I am not kidding.
Ain't that the truth.

When the MRT first started it was wonderful and empty. Now at almost anytime of the day it is like sardines and smells worse.
You don't stop riding when you get old, you get old when you stop riding
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

ExPenhMan wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:35 pm I've been lactose intolerant for half my life. Not a drop of milk in over 30 years. About 3 or 4 years ago I got tired of my breakfasts and started preparing a kind of German brekky, with cold meat slices, cheese, salad and boiled eggs. Ate cheddar, emmental, havarti, and others. Loved the change. Had cheese and meat snacks, too. After a couple of weeks, my sweat started to stink. Took me 2-3 days to make the connection. A week after stopping eating cheese, no more stink. It really was rank for me, a non-eater of milk products.
Interesting, but I dont care if I stink to certain people. I love cheese (among other things). Nobody has ever told me that I smell btw. Maybe they are just polite. :wink: I don't find that prahok makes Cambodians smell bad either.
Some booze makes you smell bad though - I think Filipino rum has been my worst personal experience with booze that makes you stink when you drink too much. :bad:

People who can't wash often enough smell the most, but it's not always their fault. I went to school with a guy that we called Smelly Walter. I found out years later that he lived in a down and out place with no bathroom. Poor guy.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Beer makes your sweat stink too
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

Certain medical conditions also make people stink.

I worked with a man some time ago, who stank really bad. Six months later we were told he had died of cancer. No doubt his body was full of cancer six months earlier when he stank really bad.

I have met a couple of people who have been diagnosed with cancer, and prefer to live in Cambodia for the rest of their lives.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

The topic is about black discrimination, and has somehow diverted to body odor.

From my experience, a higher proportion of black people are involved in crime and drug dealing, which makes people wary of them.

There are also good black people, but people who dont know them, dont know who the good ones are.

Hence discrimination.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

dogs can smell cancer
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic