Black Discrimination in Asia (Chinese)

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
TOG
Expatriate
Singapore

Re: Black Discrimination in Asia (Chinese)

Post by TOG »

lostjeremy wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:19 pm Asians in the states say white people smell like oscar meyer bologna.

Sent from my CPH1605 using Tapatalk
To be more exact, beef, water, corn syrup, <2% salt, potassium lactate, ground mustard seed, dextrose, hydrolyzed beef stock, sodium lactate, anolyzed yeast, sodium phosphates, sodium diacetate, sodium ascorbate, sodium nitrate, dried garlic, extracts of paprika flavour and celery seed extract.

Hmm, nice healthy mixture. No wonder white people smell.
You don't stop riding when you get old, you get old when you stop riding
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

I notice when I eat curry, I smell of it for a couple of days. I have heard people claim that Japanese people smell of fish, and many Asians have told me whities smell a bit cheesy. I never notice the Khmer smelling of much in particular probably because they bathe very frequently.
Beerinthemorning
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Beerinthemorning »

Thais are the most xenophobic and proud but also likable because they simply dont give a shit.

Even speaking thai and living thai style for a billion years one is still a farang.
Sidewalker
Expatriate
Netherlands

Post by Sidewalker »

When the white man came to Africa, the Africans said: They smell like dead people.
There are people who cannot imagine that there are other ways of life than their own life. :facepalm:
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

rancid soap i expect
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:13 pm Just come across this on my facebook...
but they love rap / hiphop and the way they dress/style but dislike their skin color .. it's fucked up and they don't even realize how they look/sound
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

frank lee bent wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:38 pm I never notice the Khmer smelling of much in particular probably because they bathe very frequently.
They often have smelly breath though...
Silence, exile, and cunning.
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

I've been lactose intolerant for half my life. Not a drop of milk in over 30 years. About 3 or 4 years ago I got tired of my breakfasts and started preparing a kind of German brekky, with cold meat slices, cheese, salad and boiled eggs. Ate cheddar, emmental, havarti, and others. Loved the change. Had cheese and meat snacks, too. After a couple of weeks, my sweat started to stink. Took me 2-3 days to make the connection. A week after stopping eating cheese, no more stink. It really was rank for me, a non-eater of milk products.
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

Dupe post.
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

Han Chinese have the dry earwax gene, most of them, anyhow, and thus produce little to no body odour. Which is why they don't sell deodorant in China. This dude did a video on it:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic