Real Art store in PP?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Multipox
Expatriate
Andorra

Real Art store in PP?

Post by Multipox »

Is there an art supply store in PP that really sells complete supplies?

I had been using IBC until I needed charcoal and related stuff for more serious art. Their selection is very limited.
When I need advice about life, I just check in here.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Real Art store in PP?

Post by John Bingham »

There's ART BLVD down in Tuol Sleng, otherwise the Hea Siev Khmeng stationary shop on the corner of 154 and 63 near Sorya Supermarket has good supplies. Both shops sell charcoal.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

There’s a new sheriff in town! Amazon opened direct DHL deliveries to Cambodia over the weekend and they let you put several orders in the same box. How much charcoal can you fit in a $25 delivery box?
Multipox
Expatriate
Andorra

Post by Multipox »

John Bingham wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:31 pm There's ART BLVD down in Tuol Sleng, otherwise the Hea Siev Khmeng stationary shop on the corner of 154 and 63 near Sorya Supermarket has good supplies. Both shops sell charcoal.
Thanks for this. I will check them out.
One store on Pasteur (I think) near 184 is selling a black power in a jar.
Can't imagine that tibetan monks are making sand pantings here.
Multipox
Expatriate
Andorra

Post by Multipox »

fax wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:03 am There’s a new sheriff in town! Amazon opened direct DHL deliveries to Cambodia over the weekend and they let you put several orders in the same box. How much charcoal can you fit in a $25 delivery box?
I just checked that option out. Amazon selling a box of willow charcoal for $9 then you have to find enough other stuff to justifiy paying 25.
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

Multipox wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:38 pm I just checked that option out. Amazon selling a box of willow charcoal for $9 then you have to find enough other stuff to justifiy paying 25.
Yes but there is that option. I always get individual packages and wrapping from Ali even if it’s from the same supplier.

Tell you what, I’m waiting for my 3rd Amazon box since last week and will probably order another one soon. If you want I can stick the $9 charcoal order in my next shipment. I’m in PP.
Multipox
Expatriate
Andorra

Post by Multipox »

fax wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:23 pm ....

Yes but there is that option. I always get individual packages and wrapping from Ali even if it’s from the same supplier.

Tell you what, I’m waiting for my 3rd Amazon box since last week and will probably order another one soon. If you want I can stick the $9 charcoal order in my next shipment. I’m in PP.
Thanks for the offer, but my plans do not allow me to take you up on it right now. Besides, you may not like the spicy cologne I use.

I just bought some charcoal at --->"Hea Siev Khmeng stationary shop on the corner of 154 and 63 near Sorya Supermarket"

But they only have one size stick and they are light on several other things. They have neither white nor black charcoal pencils. So I will make up the difference in Thailand.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

John Bingham wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:31 pm Hea Siev Khmeng stationary shop on the corner of 154 and 63 near Sorya Supermarket has good supplies.
Cheers for that lead JB.

I was in search of various art supplies and was unsure of where to look. I found them all here.

I must have driven past this place half a million times and would have never thought look there for art supplies. :thumb:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic