DIY - Coca Cola's new caffeinated coffee

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

DIY - Coca Cola's new caffeinated coffee

Post by StroppyChops »

Have you tried Coke's new Coke with Coffee yet?

You'll either love it or hate it - but trust me, it's better when it's very chilled. We quite like it, but after you've had one, you don't want another for a while.

I'm a a bit of a heathen in that I have come to quite enjoy Nescafe three-in-ones. I have a large 400mL mug that I add two sachets to, and I'm good to go for a while. I taught myself to like them as I can't justify the $5 coffees that other expat do-gooders seem to sprout at every moment.

So I was enjoying one of the new Cokes and I got to thinking... BIG glass - 100mL of boiling water + two sachets of three-in-one. Swirl to stir, add ice. Top up with standard Coke.

If it doesn't give you heart-pain, it's quite nice! Better than Coke's new version. I'm now thinking dropping a scoop of vanilla ice-cream in when you're half-way through would give an adult version of a spider (ice-cream float for you US heathens). Hey, with Kahlua! Or Bailey's!
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
bvanfossen
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: DIY - Coca Cola's new caffeinated coffee

Post by bvanfossen »

Wow you certainly are experimental! ! I tried one of the coke with coffee by accident, i thought it was nasty!! Im finding most street vendors do not realize there's coffee in them!
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

bvanfossen wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:11 pm Wow you certainly are experimental! ! I tried one of the coke with coffee by accident, i thought it was nasty!! Im finding most street vendors do not realize there's coffee in them!
Yuck - I wouldn't want to try it at normal street-vendor temperature, that would be like drinking coffee syrup!
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

You have been in Cambodia too long when... you get my drift.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Anchor Moy wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:44 pm You have been in Cambodia too long when... you get my drift.
... when lightning strikes the construction site down the street, the workers slowly dawdle off the roof, and that seems totally normal to you. Yep, got it!
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

StroppyChops wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:22 pm
Anchor Moy wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:44 pm You have been in Cambodia too long when... you get my drift.
... when lightning strikes the construction site down the street, the workers slowly dawdle off the roof, and that seems totally normal to you. Yep, got it!
Hahaha. Welding in the dark on a metal rooftop in the middle of a thunderstorm - what could be more normal ?
Lightning strikes ... and the guys on the rooftop next door keep welding away - because it's dark and they can see much better with those lightning flashes ... and you just think that would make an amazing photo. :popcorn:

Pass me the coffee-coke thing then and I'll give it a try.
King Keil
Expatriate
Armenia

Post by King Keil »

I try to avoid stuff that's produced by coca cola.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

King Keil wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:54 am I try to avoid stuff that's produced by coca cola.

Are you telling us you don't believe in Santa Claus.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

do u pwut cwocwaiwne win iwt? Like bouleeh would say.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

they would do much better to revert to original formula.
maybe they could in latin countries
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic