EXPATS BEWARE:

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
sydneysteve
Tourist

EXPATS BEWARE:

Post by sydneysteve »

EXPATS BEWARE:
I have procrastinated over taking this action but given the degree of dishonesty, deceit, deception, blackmail and threats by this woman, I decided I could not walk away and let it pass.
Her name is Sen Lay but she goes by the name Atin.
In May 2017 we purchased the sublease to Spicy Bar located at The Square, Sihanoukville, investing $2000US. I paid $1000 and Atin procured $1000 from an overseas sponsor. I outlayed over $1500 on stock and renovations and amounts of $500 and $1000 for alleged bar shortfalls. After I was denied to access the financial records of the bar I made loans against the bar for $500 and $1000 for alleged bar shortfalls. Around September/October she told me the bar was hers. I made the rookie mistake of allowing her to have the sublease in her name only. I gave her my trust and she took advantage to defraud me.
I don’t begrudge all the expenses for paid holidays plus over $1000 in clothing and accessories to Thailand and Vietnam. As well as short holidays to Phnom Penh, Kampot and Koh Rong Sanloem. Even though I now realize I was manipulated and scammed. Price I paid for being generous to a Khmer bar woman. I only regret having done many good things for the wrong person.
In January, 2018 the bar owner advised of her intention to sell to Chinese. A goodwill payment of $5500 was negotiated.
After we returned from Vietnam in January, we sat down to discuss the allocation of the goodwill payment and our future living together in Kampot.
We agreed that I would receive $4000 ($1000 investment plus $1500 from stock and renovations plus $1500 loaned against the bar). Atin would receive $1500 ($1000 investment plus $500 profit plus the stock). Atin agreed to repay a $1000 personal loan I made with her in December.
In regards to our future, I would pay the rent and bills on a house in Kampot plus a monthly allowance to take care of me. Atin wanted a monthly allowance of $1000 plus the freedom to go out drinking with other men. It was at this moment that I finally accepted the realization that I was being scammed. I ended our personal relationship on the spot.
Within 1-2 days, Atin was messaging the bar owner behind my back, demanding she be paid $3000 in cash and I receive $2500 (which included the repayment of the $1000 personal loan). She threatened the bar owner that she would refuse to vacate the bar if her demands were not met.
In late January, the bar owner had a prospective buyer. For some reason, this prospective buyer advised he would not buy the bar until after Atin had removed herself and the stock etc. We believe Atin must have made threats to him which caused him to want her out prior to purchase.
On 1 February, Atin blackmailed the bar owner by demanding payment of $3000 in cash or she would refuse to vacate. The bar owner did not want to involve the police. She just wanted Atin out of the bar so she could sell. She had to use $3000 of her own savings to pay Atin to vacate.
On this same day, I received the following threatening message from Atin:
“Steve why you do this? I never tell anyone how you like to f..k little girls. Maybe I should. 3pm meeting at police station sankat 4”. Really? What kind of person sends a message like this? Fortunately for her she did not act upon her threat. I have a Khmer friend who has told me if Atin or any other person makes false allegations against me to the police, then I am to contact her immediately. She will then contact her uncle in Phnom Penh who holds a prominent position in society. I would have asked, if possible, for the head of police in Sihanoukville to be instructed to have Atin taken to the ‘monkey house’ for making false allegations to police.
I had no intention of any further involvement. It was up to the bar owner as to what she wanted to do. The bar owner acceded to Atin’s blackmail and paid the $3000 demand to get Atin out of the bar. Atin turned up with her American ex-boyfriend who I now believe she continued to whore with behind my back. Whether he supported her scamming me during December and January, one can only speculate.
Atin gave the bar owner $530 (of my money) to give me for a refrigerator and television I had purchased and loaned to her and her family. I was denied my right to retrieve my goods. I regard these goods as stolen from me. She also repaid my $1000 personal loan by using my money. I regard this loan as unpaid.
Atin vacated the bar and then fled from Sihanoukville. Her last message to me was that she was, allegedly, moving to Kampot. We believe she is living with the American guy. The bar sold on 2 February.
Clearly, Atin is a person who will resort to any actions, whether illegal or immoral, to benefit from financial gain. She may have a pretty face but she has an ugly heart. I hope this public announcement will help people decide whether they want to communicate with this woman if you come in contact with her. Expats beware. Postnote: I have been advised she is living in Kampot. Image
Beerinthemorning
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: EXPATS BEWARE:

Post by Beerinthemorning »

Cant trust deez Hoes
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

sydneysteve wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:03 am EXPATS BEWARE:
I have procrastinated over taking this action but given the degree of dishonesty, deceit, deception, blackmail and threats by this woman, I decided I could not walk away and let it pass.
Her name is Sen Lay but she goes by the name Atin.
In May 2017 we purchased the sublease to Spicy Bar located at The Square, Sihanoukville, investing $2000US. I paid $1000 and Atin procured $1000 from an overseas sponsor. I outlayed over $1500 on stock and renovations and amounts of $500 and $1000 for alleged bar shortfalls. After I was denied to access the financial records of the bar I made loans against the bar for $500 and $1000 for alleged bar shortfalls. Around September/October she told me the bar was hers. I made the rookie mistake of allowing her to have the sublease in her name only. I gave her my trust and she took advantage to defraud me.
I don’t begrudge all the expenses for paid holidays plus over $1000 in clothing and accessories to Thailand and Vietnam. As well as short holidays to Phnom Penh, Kampot and Koh Rong Sanloem. Even though I now realize I was manipulated and scammed. Price I paid for being generous to a Khmer bar woman. I only regret having done many good things for the wrong person.
In January, 2018 the bar owner advised of her intention to sell to Chinese. A goodwill payment of $5500 was negotiated.
After we returned from Vietnam in January, we sat down to discuss the allocation of the goodwill payment and our future living together in Kampot.
We agreed that I would receive $4000 ($1000 investment plus $1500 from stock and renovations plus $1500 loaned against the bar). Atin would receive $1500 ($1000 investment plus $500 profit plus the stock). Atin agreed to repay a $1000 personal loan I made with her in December.
In regards to our future, I would pay the rent and bills on a house in Kampot plus a monthly allowance to take care of me. Atin wanted a monthly allowance of $1000 plus the freedom to go out drinking with other men. It was at this moment that I finally accepted the realization that I was being scammed. I ended our personal relationship on the spot.
Within 1-2 days, Atin was messaging the bar owner behind my back, demanding she be paid $3000 in cash and I receive $2500 (which included the repayment of the $1000 personal loan). She threatened the bar owner that she would refuse to vacate the bar if her demands were not met.
In late January, the bar owner had a prospective buyer. For some reason, this prospective buyer advised he would not buy the bar until after Atin had removed herself and the stock etc. We believe Atin must have made threats to him which caused him to want her out prior to purchase.
On 1 February, Atin blackmailed the bar owner by demanding payment of $3000 in cash or she would refuse to vacate. The bar owner did not want to involve the police. She just wanted Atin out of the bar so she could sell. She had to use $3000 of her own savings to pay Atin to vacate.
On this same day, I received the following threatening message from Atin:
“Steve why you do this? I never tell anyone how you like to f..k little girls. Maybe I should. 3pm meeting at police station sankat 4”. Really? What kind of person sends a message like this? Fortunately for her she did not act upon her threat. I have a Khmer friend who has told me if Atin or any other person makes false allegations against me to the police, then I am to contact her immediately. She will then contact her uncle in Phnom Penh who holds a prominent position in society. I would have asked, if possible, for the head of police in Sihanoukville to be instructed to have Atin taken to the ‘monkey house’ for making false allegations to police.
I had no intention of any further involvement. It was up to the bar owner as to what she wanted to do. The bar owner acceded to Atin’s blackmail and paid the $3000 demand to get Atin out of the bar. Atin turned up with her American ex-boyfriend who I now believe she continued to whore with behind my back. Whether he supported her scamming me during December and January, one can only speculate.
Atin gave the bar owner $530 (of my money) to give me for a refrigerator and television I had purchased and loaned to her and her family. I was denied my right to retrieve my goods. I regard these goods as stolen from me. She also repaid my $1000 personal loan by using my money. I regard this loan as unpaid.
Atin vacated the bar and then fled from Sihanoukville. Her last message to me was that she was, allegedly, moving to Kampot. We believe she is living with the American guy. The bar sold on 2 February.
Clearly, Atin is a person who will resort to any actions, whether illegal or immoral, to benefit from financial gain. She may have a pretty face but she has an ugly heart. I hope this public announcement will help people decide whether they want to communicate with this woman if you come in contact with her. Expats beware. Postnote: I have been advised she is living in Kampot. Image
She denied you financial records and told you in September/October that the bar was hers, but then in January you were discussing your future living together?

What is wrong with people?

"HELP! The hooker I trusted stole my money!"

"HELP! The hooker I married stole my kid!"

It never ends.
logos
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by logos »

The worst kind of blind are those who refuse to see. Consider it a cheap lesson.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

sydneysteve wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:03 am Atin procured $1000 from an overseas sponsor.
So you knew right from the start that she had men from overseas who were sponsoring her, but you thought she was loyal & faithful to you alone...and then you were surprised that she took you for a ride, both emotionally and financially :facepalm: All men should be issued a copy of that Private Dancer book upon arrival in SEA.
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

Post by prahocalypse now »

sydneysteve wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:03 am On this same day, I received the following threatening message from Atin:
“Steve why you do this?...
I'm calling bullshit on the whole story.

A Cambodian woman would never send a message that says "Steve why you do this?".

It would say, "Steve why you do like this?"
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

i had ktv sessions tat cost more than ur bar outlay, take it as a nice little lesson learnt

p.s. deffo tapable
sydneysteve wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:03 am Image
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

CEO, continuing to make its members feel better about their own lives since 2014.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

well know we know what he has been up to rather than playing golf

by sydneysteve
Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:11 am
Forum: Sports Talk
Topic: Golf Clubs in Phnom Penh
Replies: 6
Views: 1195

Re: Golf Clubs in Phnom Penh
kiwiincambodia, thanks for your advice. I shall look no further.
:beer3:
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

CEO... delivering the goods as always!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic