EXPATS BEWARE:

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: EXPATS BEWARE:

Post by Mishmash »

sydneysteve wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:42 pm
In summary, I hope I have clarified a few assertions made by people. Any emotional or financial losses I incurred are nothing more than a blip in my retirement. I can afford to live where I want, travel wherever and whenever I want till the day I die. So no sympathy required here.
I believe if more people come forward (with relevant facts in support) via social media, then maybe people's attitudes will change ie thinking twice before commiting criminal acts. This is only my opinion, for what it's worth.
Now as I'm currently in travel mode at a beach resort, I hear the waves calling me. Over and out.
Happy to hear you have moved on from the clusterfuck.

Yeah, it's easy to point out mistakes in hindsight.

In fairness to the posters, a little research beforehand could have helped you, but you enjoyed the full experience I guess. :beer3:

Well now you are a seasoned vet, well and truly bloodied and able to enjoy your retirement in peace and quiet.

I wish you the best. :beer2:
Lost50
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Lost50 »

I like you Mishmash. You, Pieman & Cargo are my top 3. RespeK
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

sydneysteve wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:00 am I have posted a public announcement, not for debate.
I won't be wasting my time debating facts and figures.
and I have moved on with my life.
I do not post details of my personal relationships on social media.
All very wise ^^^
sydneysteve wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:42 pm Any emotional or financial losses I incurred are nothing more than a blip in my retirement.
I can afford to live where I want, travel wherever and whenever I want till the day I die.
So no sympathy required here.
Now as I'm currently in travel mode at a beach resort, I hear the waves calling me. Over and out.
All good then ^^^

Anything else before we go?
( i just wasted half an hour, and don't want to open this thread again)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic