EXPATS BEWARE:

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: EXPATS BEWARE:

Post by General Mackevili »

prahocalypse now wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:53 am
sydneysteve wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:03 am On this same day, I received the following threatening message from Atin:
“Steve why you do this?...
I'm calling bullshit on the whole story.

A Cambodian woman would never send a message that says "Steve why you do this?".

It would say, "Steve why you do like this?"
Haha, this still makes me laugh! :lol:
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
DaveG
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by DaveG »

That's a thought, where has PN gone, did he run off with his love child " Stylish "
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

The Seawolf
BANNED
Vietnam

Post by The Seawolf »

sydneysteve wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:03 am EXPATS BEWARE:
In May 2017 we purchased the sublease to Spicy Bar located at The Square, Sihanoukville, investing $2000US.
Stopped reading right there. The rest of the story is obvious. Don't let the little head rule the big head. Why are so many old white men so thick?

:lol:
markd
Expatriate
Zimbabwe

Post by markd »

https://punto.com.ph/child-sex-workers- ... oreigners/

the reason i mentioned this guy is that when i read the op today for the first time, his rather lengthy detailed writing style reminds me of the guy mentioned in the above article.

if its the same guy, then he jumped bail in the p.i after buying his passport back from the pulis and was living in los including pattaya and hes' also prone to setups.
thru shit to more shit
splash out
Tourist

Post by splash out »

I've never understood when guys talk about giving a loan and then are surprised when it is not paid back. It should be considered a gift and then they wouldn't be bothered when they never see it again. Better yet, don't ever "loan" money...
xX.TROPA.Xx
Expatriate
Nigeria

Post by xX.TROPA.Xx »

CommandoRed
Expatriate
Denmark

Post by CommandoRed »

:OD: she's a little cute.
sydneysteve
Tourist

Post by sydneysteve »

I appreciate there will always be people who misinterpret posts or simply make irrelevant comments, know it all comments, troll comments etc. Thought I would assist by dispelling a few of the comments that have been made.
Reply to Camnivag:
Some ladies change their ways after leaving the bar scene. Unfortunately, Atin did not and I walked away
. Please refer me to my story wherin I plead for HELP. I have not. I have no personal grievances. My story is nothing more than a WARNING for others who care to be informed.
Reply to logos:
Sorry to disappoint you but I was not blind in regard to the financial management of the bar. I made business decisions as I saw fit without regret. Hence, there was no lesson to be learned.
Reply to PSD-Kiwi: Please refer me to where I state she had 'men' from overseas sponsoring her. I do not. Seeing as you can't read properly, I will clarify for your benefit. She had a past partner who had returned to his own country for personal reasons. Before departing he made a commitment to financially support her children's education, NOT Atin. A generous man. She asked him for the money and he gave it to her. His decision, end of story.
From the facts, one can confidently conclude after all was said and done, that I was taken for a ride financially. No where do I state that I was 'surprised' or anything else. I have simply stated the facts, nothing more. Any associated money losses don't phase me one iota.
I won't deny she took me for a ride emotionally, at least up until the day in January when I walked away. You can't rewrite history.
Reply to prahocalypse: It amuses me how you portray yourself as an expert on how ALL Cambodian people write in English. Narrow minded mentality. On the strength of a Cambodian person's written comment, you have concluded my whole story as bullshit. Well Sir, this is social media. Clearly, my story is of no benefit to yourself. Norhing to learn here so move on.
Reply to ExPenhMan: No advice required here. As I clearly stated, my only regret was having done many good things for the wrong person. Guilty as charged Sir.
Reply to clutchcargo: We had not been together all that long. She intended to purchase the sublease herself as the incumbent sublessor wanted out. I put a business proposal to her which included 50% each on the purchase which she accepted. Yes, denial of access to financial records was a red flag, hence I altered my business decisions as a consequence.
Reply to paparazzi: Thank you for understanding. Yes, I cut my losses both emotionally and financially the moment I walked away from our meeting in January. It was unfortunate that Atin decided to be greedy as her subsequent actions attest to.
Reply to Atin: I doubt the owner of the bar (name withheld) would agree with what you say. Facts are facts. In any event, sorry but I have zero tolerance for dishonest people. Hence my post.
Reply to splash out: No whete in my post do I describe myself as being surprised
At our January meeting we came to an agreement in regard to the goodwill payment from the bar owner, which included repayment of loans, both personally and against the sale of the bar. She renegged on our agreement by making threats to the bar owner and myself. I will expose any person who is dishonest with me.
Reply to the person attempting to connect me with Dr Stephen Soul: How you connect someone on the basis they write in detail is beyond me. Sorry, but I am no doctor. My name is spelt Steven. My surname is not Soul. Your post borders on defamation IMHO. Have a nice day.

In summary, I hope I have clarified a few assertions made by people. Any emotional or financial losses I incurred are nothing more than a blip in my retirement. I can afford to live where I want, travel wherever and whenever I want till the day I die. So no sympathy required here.
I believe if more people come forward (with relevant facts in support) via social media, then maybe people's attitudes will change ie thinking twice before commiting criminal acts. This is only my opinion, for what it's worth.
Now as I'm currently in travel mode at a beach resort, I hear the waves calling me. Over and out.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

sydneysteve wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:42 pm I appreciate there will always be people who misinterpret posts or simply make irrelevant comments, know it all comments, troll comments etc. Thought I would assist by dispelling a few of the comments that have been made.
Reply to Camnivag:
Some ladies change their ways after leaving the bar scene. Unfortunately, Atin did not and I walked away
. Please refer me to my story wherin I plead for HELP. I have not. I have no personal grievances. My story is nothing more than a WARNING for others who care to be informed.
Reply to logos:
Sorry to disappoint you but I was not blind in regard to the financial management of the bar. I made business decisions as I saw fit without regret. Hence, there was no lesson to be learned.
Reply to PSD-Kiwi: Please refer me to where I state she had 'men' from overseas sponsoring her. I do not. Seeing as you can't read properly, I will clarify for your benefit. She had a past partner who had returned to his own country for personal reasons. Before departing he made a commitment to financially support her children's education, NOT Atin. A generous man. She asked him for the money and he gave it to her. His decision, end of story.
From the facts, one can confidently conclude after all was said and done, that I was taken for a ride financially. No where do I state that I was 'surprised' or anything else. I have simply stated the facts, nothing more. Any associated money losses don't phase me one iota.
I won't deny she took me for a ride emotionally, at least up until the day in January when I walked away. You can't rewrite history.
Reply to prahocalypse: It amuses me how you portray yourself as an expert on how ALL Cambodian people write in English. Narrow minded mentality. On the strength of a Cambodian person's written comment, you have concluded my whole story as bullshit. Well Sir, this is social media. Clearly, my story is of no benefit to yourself. Norhing to learn here so move on.
Reply to ExPenhMan: No advice required here. As I clearly stated, my only regret was having done many good things for the wrong person. Guilty as charged Sir.
Reply to clutchcargo: We had not been together all that long. She intended to purchase the sublease herself as the incumbent sublessor wanted out. I put a business proposal to her which included 50% each on the purchase which she accepted. Yes, denial of access to financial records was a red flag, hence I altered my business decisions as a consequence.
Reply to paparazzi: Thank you for understanding. Yes, I cut my losses both emotionally and financially the moment I walked away from our meeting in January. It was unfortunate that Atin decided to be greedy as her subsequent actions attest to.
Reply to Atin: I doubt the owner of the bar (name withheld) would agree with what you say. Facts are facts. In any event, sorry but I have zero tolerance for dishonest people. Hence my post.
Reply to splash out: No whete in my post do I describe myself as being surprised
At our January meeting we came to an agreement in regard to the goodwill payment from the bar owner, which included repayment of loans, both personally and against the sale of the bar. She renegged on our agreement by making threats to the bar owner and myself. I will expose any person who is dishonest with me.
Reply to the person attempting to connect me with Dr Stephen Soul: How you connect someone on the basis they write in detail is beyond me. Sorry, but I am no doctor. My name is spelt Steven. My surname is not Soul. Your post borders on defamation IMHO. Have a nice day.

In summary, I hope I have clarified a few assertions made by people. Any emotional or financial losses I incurred are nothing more than a blip in my retirement. I can afford to live where I want, travel wherever and whenever I want till the day I die. So no sympathy required here.
I believe if more people come forward (with relevant facts in support) via social media, then maybe people's attitudes will change ie thinking twice before commiting criminal acts. This is only my opinion, for what it's worth.
Now as I'm currently in travel mode at a beach resort, I hear the waves calling me. Over and out.
Everybody stopped caring about this well over a year ago in 2018. Nobody is interested in your long winded attempt at a rebuttal to comments made well over a year ago and long forgotten.

Why have you dug up your old thread now? Jog on mate...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic