EXPATS BEWARE:

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: EXPATS BEWARE:

Post by frank lee bent »

i am sure that is Srey Mom from Kampong Cham. i knew the baby wasn't mine as soon as i saw it. had that long black bear hair.
SinnSisamouth
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by SinnSisamouth »

Beerinthemorning wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:18 pm
phuketrichard wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:07 pm
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:24 pm falling in love with a bargirl... rarely a happy ever after
:facepalm:
Know more than a few farangs that not only fell in love but had kids,great lives and are still happy after 10,15,20 years
Dont go lumping all BG in one lot anymore than lumping all expats as sexpats
The trick is dont let the little head do all ur thinking and dont mix business with family, ( unless ur Chinese or Indian)

Was this his Girlfriend or just same random Bar girl he thought would make a good business partner (and even bigger mistake )
Thats bullshit
In your case yes. It really is.
Dabday
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Dabday »

Easily solved. Go to the police with $250. Tell them a very very simple version of your story. (I gave x amount, she stole y amount, she said she will do z if she cant steal y). Tell them you will pay $250 a week to keep her in jail until she agrees to pay you back and comes up with a settlement amount of cash. I think you will easily win support.

If you dont stop her she will become a more powerful monster. The other 2 options are of course forgive and forget, and the old lady bar girl drunk scooter driver swerved in front of the suv at 2am trick.

Last advice. Dont be nice to any woman you meet after 7pm.
Atin1
Tourist

Post by Atin1 »

Hi Steve nice to hear from you,
Thanks for take your time to write all that shit all bad about my side and nothing is bad about your side,
I paid you back all what I loan from you.
I never want anyone to be my partner as you knew and you gave me 1000$ so you can have drinks for free until you leave Cambodia,
I paid you everything what I loan you,
You jealous you not happy because I don't stay with you to be your slave you give me money to be your girlfriend when you see I have money from sell the bar you want to take all as yours

People who have brain who can think will not do what you do
I would let you live in peace
takeoman
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by takeoman »

Dabday wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:44 am Easily solved. Go to the police with $250. Tell them a very very simple version of your story. (I gave x amount, she stole y amount, she said she will do z if she cant steal y). Tell them you will pay $250 a week to keep her in jail until she agrees to pay you back and comes up with a settlement amount of cash. I think you will easily win support.

If you dont stop her she will become a more powerful monster. The other 2 options are of course forgive and forget, and the old lady bar girl drunk scooter driver swerved in front of the suv at 2am trick.

Last advice. Dont be nice to any woman you meet after 7pm.
It is more likely he will find himself in the same position as the gent with the kidnapped son, when the local gendarmes inform him that if he can't prove the allegations he will be in the shit for attempting to ruin her reputation. As his name didn't appear on the lease, and I very much doubt that she provided him with receipts or promissory notes for any of the rest, he won't be able to, but being kind bully will no doubt let him of with a warning and a spot fine of say $250. :hattip:
The most boring man in the World. Ever!
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

Sign a contract to give her money for the rest of her life and let her live in your house and do drugs and pimp out your baby it's a hot investment right now.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

bolueeleh wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:57 pm
clutchcargo wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:35 pm but could you even have done it as a barang coz aren't barangs not supposed to work here unless work permit?
put ur name on sublease n biz license means u own a biz which in turns get u a biz visa, dont need work permit anymore AFAIK
Off topic, but you are incorrect...If you are a registered business owner you still require a WP.
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:26 pm
bolueeleh wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:57 pm
clutchcargo wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:35 pm but could you even have done it as a barang coz aren't barangs not supposed to work here unless work permit?
put ur name on sublease n biz license means u own a biz which in turns get u a biz visa, dont need work permit anymore AFAIK
Off topic, but you are incorrect...If you are a registered business owner you still require a WP.
oh i didnt know tat, i didnt hv a WP for the past 7years since im here :lol:
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Post by willyhilly »

She looks so trustworthy....
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

prahocalypse now wrote:A Cambodian woman would never send a message that says "Steve why you do this?".

It would say, "Steve why you do like this?"
Missus might use correct English. I seriously doubt the average bar girl would be serious students at ACE.

I consider myself seriously blessed not be fleeced as badly as the OP.

Anyways, I think the girl in question has posted to this thread.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic