EXPATS BEWARE:

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Re: EXPATS BEWARE:

Post by StroppyChops »

I've noticed over the years that there are fewer stories of sick grandmothers/buffaloes/cousins or the need for a moto for goan-srei to get to school every day, and more stories about fickle working girls. Times are a'changing.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Bubble T
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Bubble T »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:34 pm so do i, but youve been around the block long enough for me to point out theres more horror stories than success stories :Search:
Seems to depend a lot in the circumstances, but if the relationship/business is based on financial support from one of her other punters then yeah, one would think the chances of it working out are slim to none. Jfc....
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

OP, how long before the bar purchase in May 17 had you known this girl?

You say you made the rookie mistake of not putting your name on the sublease..but could you even have done it as a barang coz aren't barangs not supposed to work here unless work permit?

Anyway, given you had funded this thing, her not giving you access to the financial records would been the first red flag imo..
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

LaudJohn wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:52 am
prahocalypse now wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:53 am
sydneysteve wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:03 am On this same day, I received the following threatening message from Atin:
“Steve why you do this?...
I'm calling bullshit on the whole story.

A Cambodian woman would never send a message that says "Steve why you do this?".

It would say, "Steve why you do like this?"

Unfortunately it is all true. I (and other board members) know Steve and was drinking and playing golf with him in SHV and PP over the period when this was happening.
then i knew which steve, dang, i was harsh earlier
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

clutchcargo wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:35 pm but could you even have done it as a barang coz aren't barangs not supposed to work here unless work permit?
put ur name on sublease n biz license means u own a biz which in turns get u a biz visa, dont need work permit anymore AFAIK
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
simon43
Expatriate
Laos

Post by simon43 »

That's a post-op ladyboy.... :D
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

You’ve got such a kind heart <3
She came across as the sweetest, nicest girl. Very good actress.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
paparazzi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by paparazzi »

I knew this girl in Phnom Penh when she worked in a coffee shop. Sweet as could be.

I next met her at the Square and she invited me to her opening of the Spice Bar.

I used to have the odd beer in the bar and watched this sorry tale unfold. It happened pretty much as Steve said. Steve was very kind to Atin and her family and l often saw them all enjoying a pizza out front of the bar early in the evening.

The thing that needs highlighting and a lesson to all is that once Steve was double crossed she followed up with a false accusation threat. Its very much the way in Sihanoukville of many girls from the bar and non bar girls to frighten their 'boyfriends' off from exposing their deceptions by making these threats.

I wonder if the ' American (boyfriend number 2') was sliently praying, as he helped load up the assets of Spice Bar to be taken to Kampot behind boyfriend number ones back, that he wasn't the next one to be taken to the cleaners!!

Don't think they won't follow through with their threats to go to the cops with a false accusation. . They will!!!

Cut your loses Steve and just be thankful your not that dumb American guy whose next in line to learn the hard way that falling in love with a bar girl has its risks. Bar owners are in a class of their own when it come to deception. After all they are the ones doing the teaching to all the new recruits in the bar on how to fleece customers.
Kampoochie
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kampoochie »

Those are the most dishonest eyebrows on earth.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Kampoochie wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:25 am Those are the most dishonest eyebrows on earth.
And look in her eyes and you will see the letter L, for l

Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic