EXPATS BEWARE:

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Re: EXPATS BEWARE:

Post by ExPenhMan »

Sometimes I catch myself about to give a snippet of advice. Then I swallow the words. No one ever listens to advice. They'll do what they planned to do anyway and, as we all know, most have already done the deed, then asked for advice after the damage.
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

ExPenhMan wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:30 am Sometimes I catch myself about to give a snippet of advice. Then I swallow the words. No one ever listens to advice. They'll do what they planned to do anyway and, as we all know, most have already done the deed, then asked for advice after the damage.
exactly :beer3:
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
LaudJohn
Expatriate

Post by LaudJohn »

prahocalypse now wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:53 am
sydneysteve wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:03 am On this same day, I received the following threatening message from Atin:
“Steve why you do this?...
I'm calling bullshit on the whole story.

A Cambodian woman would never send a message that says "Steve why you do this?".

It would say, "Steve why you do like this?"

Unfortunately it is all true. I (and other board members) know Steve and was drinking and playing golf with him in SHV and PP over the period when this was happening.
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

phuketrichard wrote:well know we know what he has been up to rather than playing golf

by sydneysteve
Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:11 am
Forum: Sports Talk
Topic: Golf Clubs in Phnom Penh
Replies: 6
Views: 1195

Re: Golf Clubs in Phnom Penh
kiwiincambodia, thanks for your advice. I shall look no further.
:beer3:
If only he had asked about psycho Khmer bitches, I could have given him plenty of advice about them as well. ImageImage
TOG
Expatriate
Singapore

Post by TOG »

It's not even a no brainer....

As the Four Tops said..

Just walk away Renee
You won't see me follow you back home
You don't stop riding when you get old, you get old when you stop riding
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

falling in love with a bargirl... rarely a happy ever after
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:24 pm falling in love with a bargirl... rarely a happy ever after
:facepalm:
Know more than a few farangs that not only fell in love but had kids,great lives and are still happy after 10,15,20 years
Dont go lumping all BG in one lot anymore than lumping all expats as sexpats
The trick is dont let the little head do all ur thinking and dont mix business with family, ( unless ur Chinese or Indian)

Was this his Girlfriend or just same random Bar girl he thought would make a good business partner (and even bigger mistake )
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

phuketrichard wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:07 pm
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:24 pm falling in love with a bargirl... rarely a happy ever after
Know more than a few farangs that not only fell in love but had kids,great lives and are still happy after 10,15,20 years
The trick is dont let the little head do all ur thinking and dont mix business with family, ( unless ur Chinese or Indian)

Was this his Girlfriend or just same random Bar girl he thought would make a good business partner (and even bigger mistake )
so do i, but youve been around the block long enough for me to point out theres more horror stories than success stories :Search:
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
SinnSisamouth
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by SinnSisamouth »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:34 pm

so do i, but youve been around the block long enough for me to point out theres more horror stories than success stories :Search:
I guess if you hang out in bars frequented by...well people who hang out in bars, and you’d inevitably meet those types who’ve had issues with the types of girls who hang out at bars!

I know a lot of westerners in relationships and only a handful have ended in disaster. (Most have been met in bars, in whatever role they had - hostess, cashier, cook, chick out front who sells chicken etc.

You won’t often get a post about a some barang in happy relationship that he wants to tell everyone about because, apart from the fact nobody cares, but mainly it’s a bit sickly but people do care about it when it goes wrong. Mostly so they can comment about most go wrong and you’re a fool to even contemplate a relationship.
Beerinthemorning
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Beerinthemorning »

Thats bullshit
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic