Question for mods/admins

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Question for mods/admins

Post by phuketrichard »

explorer wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:43 am
phuketrichard wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:37 am how can an algorithm be set up to know in advance what ur interested in
You could have a section for American Politics. Your search could exclude everything in American Politics.
:please: :facepalm:
if u dont like the thread
dont fucking read it. :wink:
its not rocket science.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
jaclu
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Question for mods/admins

Post by jaclu »

explorer wrote:
phuketrichard wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:37 am how can an algorithm be set up to know in advance what ur interested in
You could have a section for American Politics. Your search could exclude everything in American Politics.
You could use tagging, the OP (and mods) can set tags describing a thread. Readers can filter tags they have no interest in and then won’t see posts using those tags. Not too complicated and tags can be added as a thread morphs into other topics.

A lot of news sites use tags, it also helps for searching.

Edit: added last paragraph

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
epidemiks
Expatriate
Australia

Post by epidemiks »

Bunch of goddamn sooks.
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

This website is useless without an AI programmed to entertain me please fix it quick or I will read Khmer Times and Twitter instead
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

epidemiks wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:46 pm Bunch of goddamn sooks.
pray tell,
what is a goddam sooks ?
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

phuketrichard wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:54 am pray tell,
what is a goddam sooks ?
A bad Arab shopping experience?
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

Sook: An Australian slang term used to indicate a person is easily upset.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

fax wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:18 am This website is useless without an AI programmed to entertain me please fix it quick or I will read Khmer Times and Twitter instead
Things do seem to be a bit quiet lately..not even the US oil price/Trump spat nor Explorer's endearing wide breadth of knowledge, advice and guidance is enough to sustain.. Even the Chinese antics in Chinaville are starting to get routine and drab.. :(

So, let's call a spade a spade...what we need is a real juicy story that we can really get out teeth into.. :evil6:

The likes of lovesick Guillaume the Frenchmen, attention seeking Elisse the North English girl, mysterious assault victim Kieran the Indian/Brit, angry Barbara the English teacher, GF spat Tom the Israeli.. The alleged HIV spreading Amit the Indian/Kenyan has potential tho.. :twisted:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic