Anyone know anyone sucessful usa fiance visa

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
beaker
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Anyone know anyone sucessful usa fiance visa

Post by beaker »

frank lee bent wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:03 pm Yes, they will give a fiance' visa or a spousal visa if married in Hong Kong.
To say otherwise is nonsense.
5 minutes on google will turn up hundreds of people who have done it.
If you go to the embassy and ask if their is a legal way for someone over 50, who doesn't meet the monetary requirements, to marry a khmer woman they will say no. That's what I was told tho is was several years ago
"i'm the one who has to die, when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way i want to"
jimi hendrix
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

beaker wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:18 am

If you go to the embassy and ask if their is a legal way for someone over 50, who doesn't meet the monetary requirements, to marry a khmer woman they will say no. That's what I was told tho is was several years ago
No, they won't. They will tell you to marry the woman in any of the 195 countries in the world that is not Cambodia.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

ok, thanks. first i will ask them Sciaroni blokes then i will ask the embassy. the Sciaronis are pretty good about answering simple q's for free. if the questioner is polite and not learned in law.

i do know that have married in HK with no registered " no impediment " doc for spouse visa into usa- and a couple into EU as well.
there is little consistency in dealing with gov employees in any country, 1st hint of trouble i would get an attorney- they don't like that.

kind of hard to deny a spouse if the citizen is not a pauper.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

kind of hard to deny a spouse if the citizen is not a pauper.
when i did mine, i spoke with an American at the embassy how many they refuse and why ( this is Bangkok 96), Mine was relatively easy as we had a 2 year old daughter together already and tons of photos...
they said
about 35% refused and most cause the the stories dont match up. The interviewer's are sneaky shits.
they tell ur girl, its ok if u met in a bar as they only want the truth... :facepalm:

Even back than it took us like 5months as u end up having to go back and forth to the Embassy a few times...
Make sure u get ur stories right
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by GMJS-CEO »

beaker wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:18 am
frank lee bent wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:03 pm Yes, they will give a fiance' visa or a spousal visa if married in Hong Kong.
To say otherwise is nonsense.
5 minutes on google will turn up hundreds of people who have done it.
If you go to the embassy and ask them how to get married in Cambodia? They can’t help with that, that’s cambodia law.

Getting married in USA after bringing fiancé over? No problem at all if legitimate relationship and clean criminal records.

Getting married in another country (HK)? I’ve got no idea
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic