Anyone know anyone sucessful usa fiance visa

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Anyone know anyone sucessful usa fiance visa

Post by frank lee bent »

If you are not allowed to marry, by the powers that be in the KOW then, why do you think the embassy will give you a fiance visa ?
Bet they won't.
you will lose your bet.

different jurisdiction. marriage is not actually a requirement for a defacto union visa anyway.
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by GMJS-CEO »

beaker wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:08 am If you are not allowed to marry, by the powers that be in the KOW then, why do you think the embassy will give you a fiance visa ?
Bet they won't.
In the USA there is no over 50 restrictions on getting married. You lose that bet.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

luckily in usa at least, persons still own themselves.
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

beaker wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:08 am If you are not allowed to marry, by the powers that be in the KOW then, why do you think the embassy will give you a fiance visa ?
Bet they won't.
[Mod edit: Unneeded name calling removed.] The purpose of the fiance visa is to allow the foreigner to enter the USA to marry the American there and then stay in America. There is no age restriction on getting married in the USA.

They will refuse to give her a fiancee visa if they think it's not a bona fide relationship, like if they hardly know each other or if there's a whiff of fraud, which I think is more common with Cambodian-American petitioners who are asking to marry their cousins to bring them to the USA and whatnot.
beaker
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by beaker »

GMJS-CEO wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:18 am
Bet they won't.
In the USA there is no over 50 restrictions on getting married. You lose that bet.
try going to the us embassy and having your marriage recognized as legal having done it say in HK they will not do it
"i'm the one who has to die, when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way i want to"
jimi hendrix
beaker
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by beaker »

Cam Nivag wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:34 am
Bet they won't.
[Mod edit: Unneeded name calling removed.] The purpose of the fiance visa is to allow the foreigner to enter the USA to marry the American there and then stay in America. There is no age restriction on getting married in the USA.

They will refuse to give her a fiancee visa if they think it's not a bona fide relationship, like if they hardly know each other or if there's a whiff of fraud, which I think is more common with Cambodian-American petitioners who are asking to marry their cousins to bring them to the USA and whatnot.
So you think the embassy will give you there blessing to break the Cambodian laws and assist you in doing so. I don't
I got married and they said it was no good because the Cambodian government does not allow it.
"i'm the one who has to die, when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way i want to"
jimi hendrix
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

beaker wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:54 am
So you think the embassy will give you there blessing to break the Cambodian laws and assist you in doing so. I don't
I got married and they said it was no good because the Cambodian government does not allow it.
It does not break Cambodian law for a Cambodian woman to go to the USA on a fiance visa, marry an old American, live there, and become a US citizen.
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

Brick wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:32 pm Hi. Yes. I’m 51 over the dreaded marrying age here in Cambodia. I know I can apply for fiance visa to USA but sure anyone can apply. Does anyone have personal experience and or success being over50 and getting a fiancé to USA to marry.
Does this question relate to the woman you married in Hong Kong or a different woman? Because I don't think you can get a fiance visa for a woman you already married in Hong Kong. You need to file for a spouse visa, I think.
beaker
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by beaker »

Cam Nivag wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:40 am
Brick wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:32 pm Hi. Yes. I’m 51 over the dreaded marrying age here in Cambodia. I know I can apply for fiance visa to USA but sure anyone can apply. Does anyone have personal experience and or success being over50 and getting a fiancé to USA to marry.
Does this question relate to the woman you married in Hong Kong or a different woman? Because I don't think you can get a fiance visa for a woman you already married in Hong Kong. You need to file for a spouse visa, I think.
I was just giving that as an example of the embassy not recognizing the marriage. So, to me, logically if they won't recognize the marriage as legal then they would not give a fiance visa if you could not legally marry.
Unless, if she was intending to live with you in the US then that may be different.
jimi hendrix
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

Yes, they will give a fiance' visa or a spousal visa if married in Hong Kong.
To say otherwise is nonsense.
5 minutes on google will turn up hundreds of people who have done it.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic