Girlfriend in breakfast-revolt; need recommendations

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Re: Girlfriend in breakfast-revolt; need recommendations

Post by Freightdog »

Dangerous Dave wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:59 pm
bolueeleh wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:19 pm
dangerous dave, as with my previous post regarding your leeching and only asking for help but doesnt contribute anything to this forum, you DONT dictate how help is given or structured, you take it as is
ignore list activated*
That is just as ridiculous a position to take as it was the first time, and now with the added benefit that I never have to worry about seeing it again.

To begin with, the forum is called "ASK ____," as had been previously pointed out, and yet we are to believe that doing that very thing more than once is an egregious act of ... er, wait ... selfishness, I *guess*?

Second, the notion that a person doesn't "get to" expect civil, non-condescending responses, is ...

I mean, let's back up and really think about what this guy is saying: "Look, when you came into this referral office, you waived the right to expect an actual referral, and you'll take whatever patronizing meta-commentary the office chooses to give out."

That's insane. And objectively wrong. But most of all insane.
It sort of reminds me of this response

*lucky buggah
Dangerous Dave
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Dangerous Dave »

epidemiks wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:11 pm Isn't Wau nearby? Malaysian place on 63 below 184. Surely they're open early for a nasi lemak.
Wau was totally perfect! Great food and very reasonable. Thank you so much! GF (who is Malaysian) was so happy that she literally started crying.

Cheers!
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

God willing and the creek don't rise all my problems will be as overwhelming as your posted litany.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

Malis is near enough. They do a good Khmer breakfast and a not too shabby Western one for a fair price in a nice setting.
epidemiks
Expatriate
Australia

Post by epidemiks »

Dangerous Dave wrote:
epidemiks wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:11 pm Isn't Wau nearby? Malaysian place on 63 below 184. Surely they're open early for a nasi lemak.
Wau was totally perfect! Great food and very reasonable. Thank you so much! GF (who is Malaysian) was so happy that she literally started crying.

Cheers!
Good stuff. I wasn't overly impressed with wau, but good to have some variety of Malaysian food. There's a couple other Malaysian joints around you too. Ahman Green on 208 just west of Norodom. Best Malaysian in town imo. And another called the Gulai over on 144 east of Norodom. Haven't tried it but looks good.

Also Sumatra down in toul tom poung and Warung Bali on 178 near the corner of Sothearos for indo food. Great beef rendang at Warung Bali.
Kayve
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kayve »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:56 am
TOG wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:45 pm This reminds me of my wife's younger Chinese relatives in Singapore. All of the girls will not and cannot cook and they have their boyfriends/husbands wrapped round their little fingers.

Sad state of affairs. In the days...sigh....a girl friend prided herself on her looking after her man. Her mother would insist in her proving what a great catch she was.
a girl who can cook is a very attractive trait, especially to someone who loves food, ie. ME :D
That's a lie, she just needs to know how to open beers and which one :lol: :assasin:
Don't forget the water buffalo
TOG
Expatriate
Singapore

Post by TOG »

I am just taken back by the fact that girls today will not cook or take any interest in looking after their "man".

Yes eating out is an Asian thing but you are not Asian and as such your girl friend should be thinking of your cultural needs. Does she worry about what you think or want? Doesn't sound like it. Does she say "lets find a place that cooks a full English?" No, she just pouts and wants her Malaysian Chinese food.

Todays "metrosexual man" seems to have been bitch slapped into submission by his female partner and will do anything to appease them.

Just glad I grew up in an era where girls were girls and men were men. Any girl who could not or would not cook and look after her man simply never found one. Any man who would not compliment his girl on her cooking lost her pretty quick.

I do not see your relationship lasting long if you continually have to find ways of appeasing her. Sorry to be blunt but this is a forum after all and you have to take the good with the bad.
You don't stop riding when you get old, you get old when you stop riding
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

My gf loves to cook and the few times we eat out, ( except when we eat Japanese) she complains she could have made it better and cheaper
and i agree .......
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
TOG
Expatriate
Singapore

Post by TOG »

phuketrichard wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:52 pm My gf loves to cook and the few times we eat out, ( except when we eat Japanese) she complains she could have made it better and cheaper
and i agree .......
Exactly what my wife says about pubs and restaurants...she can cook better.

Then she come out with the coup de grâce....."you do realise that restaurants and cafes have to buy the cheapest food and sell at the maximum price to make a profit? When I shop, I select and buy the best food and cook with love"

She is not wrong.
You don't stop riding when you get old, you get old when you stop riding
Bubble T
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Bubble T »

Dangerous Dave wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:37 am Thank you so much! GF (who is Malaysian) was so happy that she literally started crying.

Cheers!
She literally cried in a restaurant because of the food? Wtf? She sounds completely mental, and by extension so do you.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic