Restuarant with good steak and good price

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expat's Online has a huge community of long term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap or anywhere else in the Kingdom. Don't be shy, ask CEO's members anything!
bvanfossen
Expatriate
Posts: 375
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:40 am
Reputation: 49
Location: Phnom Penh, Cambodia
United States of America

Restuarant with good steak and good price

Post by bvanfossen » Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:16 pm

It's my birthday Thursday and I've not had a steak since arriving here in the big C.

Where can I go to get a decent steak that won't be break ma bank!? Move over Eminem
Last edited by bvanfossen on Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
khmerhamster
Expatriate
Posts: 254
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:28 pm
Reputation: 92
Turkmenistan

Re: Restuarant with good steak and good price

Post by khmerhamster » Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:18 pm

bvanfossen wrote:It's my birthday Thursday and I've not had a steak since arriving here in the big C.

Where can I go to get a decent steak that won't be breakn my bank!? Move over Eminem
Comme a la Maison does a nice steak meal for a decent price - I think <$12 and there also is a cheaper one.
Not the biggest piece of meat you’ll ever see but normally well cooked.
bvanfossen
Expatriate
Posts: 375
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:40 am
Reputation: 49
Location: Phnom Penh, Cambodia
United States of America

Re: Restuarant with good steak and good price

Post by bvanfossen » Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:21 pm

khmerhamster wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:18 pm
bvanfossen wrote:It's my birthday Thursday and I've not had a steak since arriving here in the big C.

Where can I go to get a decent steak that won't be breakn my bank!? Move over Eminem
Comme a la Maison does a nice steak meal for a decent price - I think <$12 and there also is a cheaper one.
Not the biggest piece of meat you’ll ever see but normally well cooked.
Ok good tip. This may be a naive question but I'm still gonna ask. Is it seasoned Khmer style or western style?
User avatar
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
Posts: 2845
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:25 am
Reputation: 731
New Zealand

Re: Restuarant with good steak and good price

Post by PSD-Kiwi » Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:31 pm

Go to Armand's and treat yourself, it is your birthday after all. Discreetly let the staff know it's your birthday, you won't be disappointed.
angkorjohn
Expatriate
Posts: 503
Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:05 pm
Reputation: 230
United States of America

Re: Restuarant with good steak and good price

Post by angkorjohn » Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:37 pm

bvanfossen wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:16 pm
It's my birthday Thursday and I've not had a steak since arriving here in the big C.

Where can I go to get a decent steak that won't be break ma bank!? Move over Eminem
Well it's not the best steak for sure but one place worth checking (maybe another Thursday) is the 21 Bar all you can eat steak and sides for $10. Good Australian Steak (cuts are small but hey, all you can eat) https://www.facebook.com/21BarDaily/

Otherwise for a birthday treat I'd go with PSD-Kiwis suggestion or a bit cheaper - Chez Gaston
angkorjohn
Expatriate
Posts: 503
Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:05 pm
Reputation: 230
United States of America

Re: Restuarant with good steak and good price

Post by angkorjohn » Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:39 pm

bvanfossen wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:21 pm
khmerhamster wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:18 pm
bvanfossen wrote:It's my birthday Thursday and I've not had a steak since arriving here in the big C.

Where can I go to get a decent steak that won't be breakn my bank!? Move over Eminem
Comme a la Maison does a nice steak meal for a decent price - I think <$12 and there also is a cheaper one.
Not the biggest piece of meat you’ll ever see but normally well cooked.
Ok good tip. This may be a naive question but I'm still gonna ask. Is it seasoned Khmer style or western style?
It's a french place so I'm sure you can deduce from that it won't be khmer seasoned
User avatar
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Posts: 9548
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 5:17 pm
Reputation: 1847
Location: Atlantis
Aruba

Re: Restuarant with good steak and good price

Post by phuketrichard » Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:13 pm

Larry's offers a nice steak at a good price
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
User avatar
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Posts: 2511
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 10:17 am
Reputation: 735
Sao Tome & Principe

Re: Restuarant with good steak and good price

Post by Cam Nivag » Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:41 pm

Chez Gaston.

Metro does a good tenderloin also.
User avatar
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Posts: 10598
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 11:24 am
Reputation: 1015
Australia

Re: Restuarant with good steak and good price

Post by StroppyChops » Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:19 pm

The steak at Atlas on Street 123 in Toul Tom Poung is some of the best you'll find here. Check their prices online.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
bvanfossen
Expatriate
Posts: 375
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:40 am
Reputation: 49
Location: Phnom Penh, Cambodia
United States of America

Re: Restuarant with good steak and good price

Post by bvanfossen » Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:04 pm

Thanks all. I'm googling all of these places
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post