Can you recommend a urologist?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Re: Can you recommend a urologist?

Post by newkidontheblock »

Missus got the kidney stones. Miserable she was. The urologist she saw recommended drinking 2-3 liters of fluid every day to prevent another one.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Commiserations. Drink lots of water and no tequila. :cry:
But good to hear you are feeling better.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

All recommended docs seem to have moved, any recent recommendations?
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

presume yu have had blood tests to rule out infection? Friend of mine was airlifted to OZ after contracting an infection visiting a relative in hospital here
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Kammekor wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:31 pm All recommended docs seem to have moved, any recent recommendations?
Is this doctor no longer in Phnom Penh ?
Dr. Tachko Aleksandr MD, PhD
post276194.html?hilit=doctors%20clinics#p271333
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:55 am
Kammekor wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:31 pm All recommended docs seem to have moved, any recent recommendations?
Is this doctor no longer in Phnom Penh ?
Dr. Tachko Aleksandr MD, PhD
post276194.html?hilit=doctors%20clinics#p271333
He has returned to Ukraine.
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

Khema Clinic in TK will do a diagnostic ultrasound.
For treatment in Bangkok, Charuspong Dissaranan (Dr.) at Bumrungrad.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

pczz wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:47 pm presume yu have had blood tests to rule out infection? Friend of mine was airlifted to OZ after contracting an infection visiting a relative in hospital here
I prefer docs to rule out / diagnose stuff like that, since I wouldn't be completely knowing what I was doing. Hence the search.
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

Kammekor wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:04 am
pczz wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:47 pm presume yu have had blood tests to rule out infection? Friend of mine was airlifted to OZ after contracting an infection visiting a relative in hospital here
I prefer docs to rule out / diagnose stuff like that, since I wouldn't be completely knowing what I was doing. Hence the search.
I would recommend looking at the NHS and Mayo Clinic websites. They will tell you what symptoms indicate a need for urgent treatment and may help you get some idea of a diagnosis. Cambodia is not a place to just throw yourself at the mercy of a doctor! Be wary of any medication and/or treatment they propose and go to Bangkok for a second opinion.
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

Kammekor wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:04 am
You do not need a doc. The results are lists like
xyz 100ppm range 95pp-120ppm
or % or whatever so you can see your results and the normal range. If everything is within normal range you dont need to see a doctor unless you are paranoid. A doctor at Central Hospital will charge around $20-25 to set your mind at risk if you want after you have the results.
Recommended lab is paramed on street 154 near the junction with 51, or Pasteur clinic which is down by Calmette
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic