Woman Punched in the Face for Parking in Wrong Place

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Woman Punched in the Face for Parking in Wrong Place

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Phnom Penh, Cambodia News: A 22-year-old cleaning lady got a black eye, after being punched in the face by a security man working for CPS company, during an argument over a parking space on 23 September 2018.
Shortly before the incident, the victim rode up on her bike in front of a restaurant on street 432/187, Khan Chamkarmorn, Phnom Penh, and parked it in the wrong place, so the security guard told her to park somewhere else. When she refused to move the bike, the two began to argue, until the security man punched the woman in the left eye causing the injury.
The victim is claiming $2000 in damages from the security guard. Both parties were taken to Chamkarmorn police station to discuss the situation.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
leitfaden
Expatriate
Germany

Re: Woman Punched in the Face for Parking in Wrong Place

Post by leitfaden »

Look like 2 strong heads meet each other first time :bigeyes:
King Keil
Expatriate
Armenia

Post by King Keil »

Those fuckers are the cancer of this town.
Should make it clear that the pavement belongs to the public and is not parking space guarded by crooks.
I know, it will take 20more years.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

King Keil wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:49 am Those fuckers are the cancer of this town.
Should make it clear that the pavement belongs to the public and is not parking space guarded by crooks.
I find those parking-space guards annoying as fuck. With absolutely no regard as to whether there's a gap in the flow of traffic they just barge out into the middle of the road, blowing on their deafening whistles, swinging their batons while directing some twat in an SUV to drive straight out and block both lanes before attempting a 7 point turn. I guess they at least try to park neatly, unlike those absolute cunts who stop their trucks a meter from the kerb on a corner at a junction because they want to buy a fucking sugar-cane juice or whatever that is so important that it doesn't matter that you are causing a 100-meter jam. Selfish, inconsiderate fuckers.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

John Bingham wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:03 am
King Keil wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:49 am Those fuckers are the cancer of this town.
I find those parking-space guards annoying as fuck. With absolutely no regard as to whether there's a gap in the flow of traffic they just barge out into the middle of the road, blowing on their deafening whistles, swinging their batons while directing some twat in an SUV to drive straight out and block both lanes before attempting a 7 point turn. I guess they at least try to park neatly, unlike those absolute cunts who stop their trucks a meter from the kerb on a corner at a junction because they want to buy a fucking sugar-cane juice or whatever that is so important that it doesn't matter that you are causing a 100-meter jam. Selfish, inconsiderate fuckers.
I think there should be training, where they are taught to wait until there is a gap in the traffic before directing vehicles to move out.

I think the police should book the worst offenders.

There is a problem with road users in all of the poor Asian countries. How do you get selfish people to think of others?

I believe some road accidents are caused by people pulling out from the side without looking. Someone coming along on a motorbike is forced to swerve out, and is hit from behind by a fast moving vehicle.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

It is about time this is cleared up. These parking guards usually work on the public pavement and have no authority. I would even argue that they impersonate police officers with their uniform.
Cinnamoncat
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Cinnamoncat »

leitfaden wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:25 am Look like 2 strong heads meet each other first time :bigeyes:
It's just plain wrong to punch her. He is the "strong head" who got vicious about it. She was within her rights to park there. I don't know about you, but in my eight years on the Kingdom of WTF, I had days when I was ready to stand my ground.

Kingdom of WTF. I like that.
"Love and Loss in Cambodia: a memoir" available on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/0578537788
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

try n see if i give 2 hoots abt their whistle n baton when i dont even stop for actual traffic po po, only time i stop is when they hv actual barricade on the road
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Bet that was good getting that off your chest! :hattip: Yuh, feel the same way...seems that if you are on a moto, you are on the bottom of the food chain compared to an SUV on the roads (1 step above a pedestrian). My pet hates are tuktuks (the big ones) and especially those food vendor motos or carts that crawl along holding up all the traffic.
Felgerkarb
Expatriate

Post by Felgerkarb »

That pulling out straight back across two lanes of traffic thing before attempted to turn...ya...
===============
We are all puppets in the hands of an insane puppeteer...
--Brother Theodore
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic