The God Squad is in Town

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

The God Squad is in Town

Post by prahocalypse now »

Some guy posted this on facebook:
https://scontent-syd2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=5C15EBB2
Attention infidels of Phnom Penh!

We are truly blessed to be infested with a veritable swarm of representatives of the Kingdom City Church (https://kingdomcity.com/cambodia/phnompenh/giving/
)

They are on a huge recruitment drive throughout the city today culminating in a group brainwashing session tonight.

Guaranteed to extract money from you almost as efficiently as the considerably more lovely denizens of Riverside; please be sure to give these guys the time of day they deserve when they come to tell you the good news.

prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

Re: The God Squad is in Town

Post by prahocalypse now »

They don't make the green tshirts in her size.
Gardiguy
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Gardiguy »

Jesus aged fucking christ, that website definitely does not hide its intentions. GIMME MONEY, IT'S FOR GOD!
angkorjohn
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by angkorjohn »

Gardiguy wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:36 am Jesus aged fucking christ, that website definitely does not hide its intentions. GIMME MONEY, IT'S FOR GOD!
Well I guess their T-shirts don't lie, "bringing the reality of god to our world" reality being $$$$$
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

prahocalypse now wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:15 am Some guy posted this on facebook:
https://scontent-syd2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=5C15EBB2
Attention infidels of Phnom Penh!

We are truly blessed to be infested with a veritable swarm of representatives of the Kingdom City Church (https://kingdomcity.com/cambodia/phnompenh/giving/
)

They are on a huge recruitment drive throughout the city today culminating in a group brainwashing session tonight.
I'l send my fanatically strong religious cat along to the session tonight. :plus1:

Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

One had an encounter with the J-wossnames witnesses some time back. A pretty girl and some bloke. I told them politely that I was not too interested in what they were peddling, but that she could stay the night if she wished (she was that pretty). I guess they weren't interested in my views much either.

I wonder if the same approach could be applied to this mob? Seek out the prettiest girl, and ask her how she prefers her eggs in the morning...
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

Post by tightenupvolume1 »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal ... dom_of_God

They remind me of this mob, they have a magazine they give out here in London. It says If you buy some holy water it will cure you of cancer, drug addiction and depression among other things. They are VERY rich and have taken over several huge buildings in London. Every Sunday dozens of young people, all black, sing outside my local market. The. building they have taken over used to be cinema, then a rock venue, its just up the road from Finsbury Park Mosque. they are growing very fast, welcome to the brave new world :o

Charlie
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

Post by tightenupvolume1 »

Matthew 7:15-20 King James Version (KJV)

15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.

18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

Charlie
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

A new low for CEO...Bible verses, LOL

Isn't what these clowns are doing illegal? Proselytizing?
cautious colin
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by cautious colin »

Walked past this church today on st 294, just below Wat Langka. How long has this monster been there?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic