Cool/neat spots around Phom Penh

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Cool/neat spots around Phom Penh

Post by John Bingham »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:59 pm
bvanfossen wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:02 pm Does anyone know of any other cool coi ponds to check out?
There's a swimming pool near the weather station that has a fish pond with some giant Amazon fish in it, the thing is bloody huge! Can't remember the name of the place off the top of my head right now though sorry.

I think that Lili Lagoon on 508 closed long ago. I used to go there a bit when my kid was much younger but it was already looking a bit worn out even 5 years ago.

There was that Sun Subun place near Kien Svay you could fish in big ponds at and they had a few deer and peacocks etc wandering about and pleasant gardens, not sure if it's still there. Cruises on the river are always pleasant, getting the ferry from near Naga to Aranyakasat is a quick route out of the city in 10 minutes.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

kiwiincambodia wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:02 pm
Jamie_Lambo wrote:
bvanfossen wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:36 pm
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:24 pm theres a wild safari on Street 51, in between street 154 & 172, great early evening or after 4am
I was expecting these! :beer2:
Off topic but am I the only one who only just found out (through twitter) that the hunter in Jumanji is the same actor as the Dad? The hunter is supposed to reflect Alan’s fears against his father....
i only found out a couple year ago because of this meme
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
bvanfossen
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by bvanfossen »

John Bingham wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:11 pm
PSD-Kiwi wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:59 pm
bvanfossen wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:02 pm Does anyone know of any other cool coi ponds to check out?
There's a swimming pool near the weather station that has a fish pond with some giant Amazon fish in it, the thing is bloody huge! Can't remember the name of the place off the top of my head right now though sorry.

I think that Lili Lagoon on 508 closed long ago. I used to go there a bit when my kid was much younger but it was already looking a bit worn out even 5 years ago.

There was that Sun Subun place near Kien Svay you could fish in big ponds at and they had a few deer and peacocks etc wandering about and pleasant gardens, not sure if it's still there. Cruises on the river are always pleasant, getting the ferry from near Naga to Aranyakasat is a quick route out of the city in 10 minutes.
We like the hour cruises for $5 on riverside. The ferry sounds interesting. Dumb question but what do you do when you get off the ferry? I take it the ferry takes you from by Naga to Aranyakasat like you said, is that a far trip?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic