Announcement time (Khmer wedding blog with pictures)

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
khmerhamster
Expatriate
Turkmenistan

Re: Announcement time (Khmer wedding blog with pictures)

Post by khmerhamster »

StroppyChops wrote:
phuketrichard wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:14 pm a piece of paper /wedding photos don't mean anything
... to you. They don't mean anything to you - I think you left that bit off. Obviously they mean a lot to NKOTB and his missus. Bit of a dick post on this thread, in my opinion.
I completely agree with Stroppy.
I must make a note of time and date - it doesn’t happen often :-)
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

StroppyChops wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:29 pm
phuketrichard wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:14 pm a piece of paper /wedding photos don't mean anything
... to you. They don't mean anything to you - I think you left that bit off. Obviously they mean a lot to NKOTB and his missus. Bit of a dick post on this thread, in my opinion.
Well, to be fair the OP is not making it sound like that.
Many years ago my (Cambodian) lawyer advised me not to get married. He didn't say I shouldn't have a meaningful relationship.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

TOG wrote:Butter up the mother-in-law, she is the most important member of the family. You can get away with murder provided you have her on your side.
Thanks for the advice. Missus has already recommended I lose weight and exercise to survive being twisted into pretzel for photos.
There’s too many good photographic places in Siem Reap, hence multiple days needed. Increased sadomasochistic pleasures.

She’s currently recovering from the trial of announcement. She had a pulse this morning, but that was about it. I’m at the Frangipani buffett before it closes. Bring breakfast up to her in a bit. Maybe Brooklyn Pizza tonight if she’s recovered by then.

It didn’t help that the Lanmei plane arrived late and the wonderful Siem Reap airport staff didn’t care. Their solution - change status to no status. Not checking in, late. Just erased the flight status part. And of course not man the counter. Everyone stood in line for over an hour.

Her mum had been dead for a while. Drank herself to death. Screamed every day as she died.

Oh, I forgot. More photos. This is just before Missus told me to stop taking photos and start getting dressed. Will post more when I get them.

ImageImageImageImage
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

phuketrichard wrote:dam i am glad i was over 50 when i met my current Khmer gf :-)
9 years on and its all still good
a piece of paper /wedding photos don't mean anything
It’s extremely important to missus. None of her siblings have ever had a ‘big wedding.’ So she’s the one. Apparently all has been planned a long while back. When I tried to change dates or times, got the big negative response. Plus of course, the value of face is priceless to her.

As for me, I want her to be happy.
I’ve always planned to import her.
Can’t take care of her as she deserves in the KOW. In West, I can earn that amount. In Cambodia, not.

Amassing this on a shoestring starting English teacher salary would be nigh impossible.

Heard many disaster stories of foreigners with Khmer wives who only visit once a year or so.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

fax wrote:Post before and after sexy time so we know how long it took. You can frame those posts and give them to your future baby.
Sexy time. Not the official photographer photo. Probably more sexy in the official photo.

Everything posed and manipulated. Down to the strands of hair.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Awwww, best of luck to you love birds! Great pics.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

congrats @newkidontheblock, u really looked like an okhna in the last photo :beer3:
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Best of luck moving forward>>>>
will you have kids?
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Cinnamoncat
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Cinnamoncat »

Congratulations! The photo of you and your bride is really beautiful. It is obvious that you plan to take care of her, and also that you love her very much! Happy for you both.
"Love and Loss in Cambodia: a memoir" available on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/0578537788
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

Congratulations to you both, thanks so much for sharing your special day!
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic