Any place in Phnom Penh where I can buy a phone at night?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Re: Any place in Phnom Penh where I can buy a phone at night?

Post by newkidontheblock »

Missus says Kandal market has shops that sell second hand phones for cheap. Sorry for your loss and good luck.
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

KickingWithRedLabel wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:18 am Most cell phones in the States don't use Sims. I bet that would make it hard to sell here unless for parts.
How do those work in Cambodia?
stevenjb
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by stevenjb »

fax wrote:
KickingWithRedLabel wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:18 am Most cell phones in the States don't use Sims. I bet that would make it hard to sell here unless for parts.
How do those work in Cambodia?
There are two major signal carriers for mobile phones:

CDMA - USA (Verizon / Sprint)
GSM (sim card) - USA (ATT/TMOBILE) and the rest of the world
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

Dangerous Dave wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:52 pm
stevenjb wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:43 pm These cats need to be rounded up and spayed/neutered, and then set free to decimate further.
Way ahead of you on that! I've gotten nine from my colony down to Animal Rescue Cambodia so far, and am launching a GoFundMe as soon as I have a phone again to shoot some video with. :D :D :D
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

Dangerous Dave wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:52 pm I've gotten nine from my colony down to Animal Rescue Cambodia so far, and am launching a GoFundMe as soon as I have a phone again to shoot some video with. :D :D :D
Please stop or I will go to Wat Langka to restore balance in the cat world. Dr. Marten is keen on a walk.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

stevenjb wrote:How do those work in Cambodia?
There are two major signal carriers for mobile phones:

CDMA - USA (Verizon / Sprint)
GSM (sim card) - USA (ATT/TMOBILE) and the rest of the world[/quote]

New generation of phones will have an Esim, as well as a SIM slot. So phones can be dual SIM as a result. That is what I want.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

Dangerous Dave wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:52 pm
stevenjb wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:43 pm These cats need to be rounded up and spayed/neutered, and then set free to decimate further.
Way ahead of you on that! I've gotten nine from my colony down to Animal Rescue Cambodia so far, and am launching a GoFundMe as soon as I have a phone again to shoot some video with. :D :D :D
I've recently been working with ARC as well, with the cats from Wat Koh. My trusty sidekick and I have desexed 10 cats from there. There are a few more to be done but they are a bit feral and I doubt we'll ever gain enough trust to bundle them into the baskets to take. We have also taken a few for treatment for various infections. Most of the kittens that people dump at the pagoda die, despite two Khmer ladies feeding the cats daily. Some of the cats there are 10-12 years old, which is ancient for a street/pagoda cat.

Sorry about your phone.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
Ot Mean Loi
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Ot Mean Loi »

timmydownawell - you have got me intrigued. Please tell us how you go about your de-sexing of male and female cats. Do you do it on your kitchen bench top with a rusty meat cleaver or an old kitchen knife? Or is it more "surgical" than this? Does it generate a lot of caterwauling ? Or are they sufficiently stoic as not to mew during the de-sexing process?

Just curious. Any advice on how to sex day old chickens while on the subject of animal sex? Not to be confused with sex with animals which I do not condone.

OML
Cooldude
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Cooldude »

I've never had a phone in the States that didn't require a SIM card. If you want to buy a phone at night, go to one of the many pawn shops on 154.
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

Street 148 24 hours. I also have an a53 Oppo barely used it
100 bucks. 2020. 128GB and 4GB. $189 new on promotion. I got it new for $140 that's why I bought it. Check out khmer24.com. you'll see mine's a good deal or you'll find one
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic