Any place in Phnom Penh where I can buy a phone at night?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
bvanfossen
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Any place in Phnom Penh where I can buy a phone at night?

Post by bvanfossen »

stevenjb wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:50 pm
Dangerous Dave wrote:I tried to send a reward offer to the phone, but it didn't get delivered.
They took the sim out :-)
Sounds like it might be a none sim phone. A lot of companies do not use a sim and he said he didn't have one...
Last edited by bvanfossen on Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dangerous Dave
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Dangerous Dave »

There wasn't one -- it would have had to be connected to WiFi.
stevenjb
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by stevenjb »

Dangerous Dave wrote:There wasn't one -- it would have had to be connected to WiFi.
Ah - maybe you want a Kindle instead :-)
Dangerous Dave
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Dangerous Dave »

I have an (old) Kindle, but you're onto me in a way: I only ever used my phone for WiFi-enabled apps -- including a voice over IP phone number in the US -- and never for actual cellular calling.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

I hate this stupid shit where people feed stray cats. They get some good feeling from having these "cute" animals relying on them. Meanwhile they ignore the fact that this invasive species is decimating the local wildlife. Native birds, reptiles, small mammals are all disappearing because these fucking idiots like this insist on perpetuating the extinction of animals because "cute". Fuck that shit. Get a life and stop being such an inconsiderate cunt, you can't even cross the road without someone holding your hand. Twat.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Dangerous Dave
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Dangerous Dave »

Thanks, drive through.
stevenjb
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by stevenjb »

We must not forget the two legged decimators that push species into extinction. And they get to be fed. Some of them are cute, some are not.

These cats need to be rounded up and spayed/neutered, and then set free to decimate further.
Dangerous Dave
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Dangerous Dave »

stevenjb wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:43 pm These cats need to be rounded up and spayed/neutered, and then set free to decimate further.
Way ahead of you on that! I've gotten nine from my colony down to Animal Rescue Cambodia so far, and am launching a GoFundMe as soon as I have a phone again to shoot some video with. :D :D :D
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

John Bingham wrote:I hate this stupid shit where people feed stray cats. They get some good feeling from having these "cute" animals relying on them. Meanwhile they ignore the fact that this invasive species is decimating the local wildlife. Native birds, reptiles, small mammals are all disappearing because these fucking idiots like this insist on perpetuating the extinction of animals because "cute". Fuck that shit. Get a life and stop being such an inconsiderate cunt, you can't even cross the road without someone holding your hand. Twat.
Whilst the above holds true in countries where cats are not native, can this really be said about Cambodia where wild cats of many sizes have lived for a really long time?

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

KickingWithRedLabel
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by KickingWithRedLabel »

Most cell phones in the States don't use Sims. I bet that would make it hard to sell here unless for parts.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic