Train from Phnom Penh to Battambang...

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
BTB
Tourist
Cambodia

Train from Phnom Penh to Battambang...

Post by BTB »

G'day all...
I will be heading back over to Cambodia in a few weeks & was considering getting the train up to Btb... Just read that the train is only running PP-Btb on Mondays (is this correct???) Has anyone done this trip ??? If so, how long approx does the trip take, and what time does the train leave PP ??? Im guessing 8-10hrs but hopefully quicker !!!
Cheers
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Train PP to Battambang...

Post by Arget »

http://royal-railway.com/?page=api_view_pdf&id=350
;Departs 0630 and arrives 1915 (maybe)

News Update

POI PET TRAIN SERVICE UPDATE
7 Sep, 2018

POI PET TRAIN SERVICE UPDATE
07 September 2018

The Government of Cambodia and Royal Railway are very pleased to announce that the Track and Bridge upgrades will commence​​ in this month

we will update you on the work progress and give you notice as when we can return to a normal schedule

The upgrades will be Between Battambang and Serei Saophoan and Battambang and Pursat

The upgrades will include 5 bridges being rebuilt, ballasting, Tamping and Regulating machines working

firstly, we apologise for any inconvenience that this work will cause to you

It will result in fast safer Track speeds so a much quicker and smooth train journey

In the mean the Train service will revert to a once a week service as follows

· Monday 0630 from Phnom Penh to Poi Pet and a Tuesday 0630 Poi Pet to Phnom Penh

Additional services will operate as follows

· Saturday Sunday Wednesday Thursday Friday will have Poi Pet to Sri Saophoan and return Daily

· this is only while the track and Bridge work is being carried out only and a new schedule will apply once the work is completed which we will advise you about

again we thank you for your cooperation

CEO ROYAL RAILWAYS

SCHEDULES DURING THE TRACK WORK ARE AS FOLLOWS

· Saturday Sunday Wednesday Thursday Friday will have Poi Pet to Serei Saophoan and return Daily as follows

Poi Pet

Depart

Serei Saophoan

Arrive

Serei Saophoan

Depart

Poi Pet

Arrive

08:00AM

08:40AM

09:40AM

10:20AM

11:00AM

11:40AM

13:00

13:40

15:00

15:40

16:55

17:35

Phnom Penh to Poi Pet

Monday 0630 from Phnom Penh to Poi Pet

Tuesday 0630 From Poi Pet to Phnom Penh

=@ =@
BTB
Tourist
Cambodia

Post by BTB »

Thanks... I couldnt find a timetable...Cheers Arget
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

12+ hours vs a 4-5 hour drive.
I thought Burmese trains were slow LOL
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
logos
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by logos »

It's not a 4-5 hours drive, more 5-6 by car or 7+ by bus, depending on traffic
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

drove it many times in under 5 hours and i dont do more than 110 kms/hour and stop often. 290+ kms

Private Taxi Transfer From Phnom Penh to Battambang by Private car. We offer travelers easy way with private Shuttle taxi. between Batttambang and Phnom penh. The jouneyr take 5 hours traveling from and to Phnom Penh and Battambang clients ask for stop and toilet lunch on request. if take a bus take about 7 hrs. our private taxis take 4-5 hrs are comfortable, reasonable price,
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
King Keil
Expatriate
Armenia

Post by King Keil »

Is it 12 hours from poipet or from battambang?
hiway5
Expatriate
Spain

Re: Train from Phnom Penh to Battambang...

Post by hiway5 »

The new daily train service between Bangkok and Ban Klong Luk border station in Sa Kaeo province will start running on July 1, the State Railway of Thailand announced.

There will be four trips a day, two in each direction, acting SRT governor Worawut Mala said on Tuesday.

Ordinary passenger train No 275 will depart Bangkok for Aranyaprathet and Klong Luk at 5.55am and arrive at the border station at 11.17am.

Ordinary passenger train No 279 will operate on the same route, leaving Bangkok at 1.05pm, reaching the border station at 5.27pm.

Inbound, ordinary passenger train No 280 will depart Klong Luk station (Rong Kluea market) at 6.58am, arriving in Bangkok at 12.05pm, and ordinary passenger train No 276 will depart the border station at 1.53pm, arriving in Bangkok at 7.40pm.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

Still no news on a connecting service from Phnom Penh though. PP-Poipet runs 7am on Wednesdays, and Poipet-PP 7am on Thursdays. Royal Railways has just received 10 second hand locos (ex India) from Malaysia and are currently painting and readying them for service. Hopefully this will lead to daily (or, even better, twice daily) services connecting to the Thai trains soon. At the moment the Wed/Thu services are still scheduled for July.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

timmydownawell wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:20 pm Still no news on a connecting service from Phnom Penh though. PP-Poipet runs 7am on Wednesdays, and Poipet-PP 7am on Thursdays. Royal Railways has just received 10 second hand locos (ex India) from Malaysia and are currently painting and readying them for service. Hopefully this will lead to daily (or, even better, twice daily) services connecting to the Thai trains soon. At the moment the Wed/Thu services are still scheduled for July.
Yes, I called at the Station a few weeks ago, and was told only one train per week has you have put above. Long journey time wise, but it maybe so pleasant then the bus journey. I wanted to travel to Battambong. I was told I may book my ticket their at the station the day before on Tuesday at $5 per person and $5 for the moto. Have not done this yet, but I will do so.

It was interesting at the station anyway. :hattip:
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic